Anchor a Form? (1 Viewer)

mcgilla

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:41
Hi.

I've created a form with a list box that will get the username, look up a task list and then load the list box with those tasks. I'm doing this as a reminder of things to do.

However, I'd like to anchor it to the right side of the database window, but I can't seem to be able to do that. I was excited to see Anchoring within the tools at the top (Access 2007) however when trying to anchor the form, it was disabled.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Ed

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 14:41
Using the OnLoad event of the form enter

DoCmd.Movesize 0,0

This will place the top left corner of the form in the top left corner of the screen.

mcgilla

Registered User.
Local time
That worked great, it allowed me to locate the form. I removed access to min, max and close buttons and border to thin, and non-moveable.. closest thing I could get to an anchored form

Thanks for the help.

mcgilla

Registered User.
Local time
I've taken this just one step further, what I had was the task list open as I wanted it but the switchboard on some systems based on their display settings would be overlapped. So I've embeded the first task list as a sub form into the upper left of a form, and then created my own switchboard of sorts.

This way the startup form has a task list and switchboard functionality. Very nice for my users. If there were any real code behind it, I'd post, but it's all the work of control wizards and an embeded subform at this point.

Thanks again for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom