Solved Any way to prevent textboxes from flickering? (1 Viewer)

gojets1721

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:03
In my single form, any textbox that uses an expression flickers when changing records. These aren't calculations either; I use a few textboxes as labels so it's just ='Label' in the textbox's control source. Still flickers.

Any suggestions on if that can be fixed?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
If they're fixed values, you can just assign them using VBA when the form opens.

gojets1721

Registered User.
Local time
Glad to hear you got it to work. Good luck with your project.
Thank you. Somewhat related question...these textboxes are basically used as labels. I was always taught that unassociated labels should just be converted to textboxes for better form efficiency, so that's what I've done. Is that still the case? Cause obviously just using labels is far simpler.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thank you. Somewhat related question...these textboxes are basically used as labels. I was always taught that unassociated labels should just be converted to textboxes for better form efficiency, so that's what I've done. Is that still the case? Cause obviously just using labels is far simpler.
I don't do that. I use labels, if I need labels. I use textboxes, if I need textboxes.

gojets1721

Registered User.
Local time
I've never heard that before.

Can you explain further, or provide a reference?
I'm not certain 100%. I've done it for a while. I think it was due to an unassociated label glitch in earlier Access versions. See here:

Either way, I am wrong. I am going to convert all mine back to labels.

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:03
I'm not certain 100%. I've done it for a while. I think it was due to an unassociated label glitch in earlier Access versions. See here:

Either way, I am wrong. I am going to convert all mine back to labels.
Thank you for posting that link.

It appears that it only applied to a specific situation (unbound labels on tab controls) and was fixed in Acc 2k7.

Interesting, nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom