Application icon in task bar in office 2010 (1 Viewer)

Acke

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:18
How to change access icon to application icon in the task bar in office 2010? I was using office 2003 before and, when application icon was set in start up, it was automatialy visible in the task bar.

Tks!!!

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Yesterday, 18:18
From the File menu click the "Options" option. In the Access Options dialog box, select the "Current Database" option from the Options Pane on the left. In this group of options, use the Browse button to provide the path to the icon you want to use for your application. Close the Access Options dialog box. Close your application and restart it. Your icon should be displayed along with the value that you provided int he "Application Title" text box in the Access Options dialog box.

Acke

Registered User.
Local time
Mr. B,

Thank you for your reply. I did that, even clicked "Use as Form and Report Icon" check box. The icon I want is in top left corner of my Forms and reports, but access icon is still present on the task bar.

I am using Win7 starter. Also, Office 2010 is starter version as well. Only Access is full retail version. Could any of these be the reason why application icon is not visible on the task bar, instead of access icon?

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
As for the starter versions of the products you mentioned, your on your on on that one as I have had zero experience and have no way of testing that.

Just so you know, I tested what I described to you prior to postiing my comments. About the only other thing that I can think of that might make any difference is where is your icon located. I have mine in the same folder as by backend file. I really don't think that is the problem but it was worth mentioning. If that is not it, then I do not have any more suggestions.

Are you using a single Icon file or are you trying to use an icon from a dll or other package?

Acke

Registered User.
Local time
I am using single icon file.

When you tested, did you see application icon in the taskbar?

I'we attached image that may help us avoid possible missunderstanding. If I place a mouse on top of Access aplication, I receive wide stripe with application icon and other text information. What I want is to see app. icon (blue pot on the image) on the task bar, instead of standard, access icon.

As you can see, I always have sevaral access app. on and it is very important for me to have different icons for each access app.

Should I maybe change some settings in OS, or Access in genearal? Could that be the problem?

Attachments

• icon.jpg
    icon.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 380

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Yes, the Icon is being displayed in the taskbar along with the title that I have provided for my application. I will say that if the same file is opened in development mode and not allow my intial form as defined in the Access Options, Display Form, to load, the icon does not show.

Do you have a form set to open when you startup you application? Are you starting your application and letting it open without using the shift key?

I have attached a graphic of the instance of my application when run in user mode (initial form loaded when starting).

Attachments

• Taskbar.bmp
    20.5 KB · Views: 497

Acke

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, I have a form that opens automaticaly.

No, I am not using the shift key to, when I start app.

Why is your task bar so different to mine? Icons on my taskbar all square, while yours is wide.

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
The size of the objects on the taskbar are determined by the number of different types of objects you have open.

I am not doing anything special to display the icon. All I did was set the properties as I described in my initial reply.

I have no other suggestions. Perhaps someone else may have something that will help you.

Good luck with finding a solution.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 16:18
Windows 7 doesn't let you change the icon. It displays the icon for the excutable and so MSACCESS.EXE is the executable and therefore it displays the generic icon. I have not found a way around that.

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Bob,

Thanks so much for the information on this. As you can tell, I have not made the switch to Windows 7. That certainly explains the problem.

Thanks, again.

Acke

Registered User.
Local time
Made it :)

Right click on the task bar > properties > Taskbar buttons > chose: never combine, or combine when task bar is full.

I can see my app. icons now. :):):)

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Acke,

Glad to know you found a solution and thanks for sharing it.

If you don't mind, what operating system are you using?

pkstormy

Registered User.
Local time
Just a comment when implementing an icon to represent your MSAccess application.

When you select File -> Options -> Current Database and select an Application Icon, I found that *.ico files (not *.jpg or *.bmp files) seem to work best. Also the *.ico files needs to be small (ie. 1 to 3kb). Large *.ico files don't seem to work very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom