Are my Assumptions Right? (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 11:46
Had one of those in high school because I was a nerd even then. Quite a comeuppance.
Why am I not surprised?!?

Well, I wasn't a bully and never gave a wedgie, but I wasn't too upset when the nerds got them!

A good friend of him has a son, one of those STEM programs kids (nerds) - but - he is also 6'4" and muscular. They jocks left him alone.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 08:46
Bullying is one of those things that really breaks my heart to see, hear about or even imagine. Really bad stuff.
I was lucky to have my kids in 'better' schools - sometimes private, sometimes just better charter traditional schools where the kids were all in all, fairly decent.

they BOTH graduated from COLLEGE on the SAME DAY last saturday. Quite a weekend it was. Writer and engineer.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:46
Two kids and they graduated from college last Saturday - and you are still alive to tell the story? Excellent, Isaac.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 08:46
Not only that but in 2 different cities. My daughter graduated from ORU in Tulsa at 1 PM, my son from ASU in Phoenix at 7:30, and we made both, only arriving about 30 min late to the ASU one, but long before his name was called. He does another 1 year graduate program and she doesn't have her feet on the ground quite yet so they will be with us likely another year, which frankly, I'm beginning to treasure despite its occasional annoyances

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom