Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:10
Faster than what? :confused:

Greyowlsl

Mlak Mlak
Local time
Today, 21:10
Than displaying all the controls on the form without using tabs.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:10
Haven't tested, but I doubt there would be any noticeable difference. The tab control lets you organize the controls logically when there are too many to reasonably display at once. In other words it's an formatting tool, not a performance tool.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:10
I'd have to agree with Paul, here! The only time I've ever seen 'speed' mentioned, vis-à-vis Tabbed Controls, was in relationship to them slowing down the loading of a Form, but, and this is an important 'but,' this only applies to Tabbed Pages that have Subforms on them, and it's actually the Subforms loading that slows things down.

Simply divvying up Controls from a single Form among the Pages of a Tabbed Control should do nothing to the speed at which it runs.

Tabbed Controls can be vital to the display of Controls, especially when there are a large number of them. A Form that requires the user to scroll, in order to access all Controls, is, IMHO, about as user-unfriendly as any Form out there!

The second advantage, as Paul mentioned, is the ability to group the Controls together in a logical fashion. In an employee database, for instance, you could have
  • PageOne: Employee identification and contact information
  • PageTwo: Educational credentials, Professional organization memberships
  • PageThree: In-house training completed
  • PageFour: Work assignments/duties
This makes it easier to enter data, and more importantly, it makes it much easier to find needed information.

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom