Aside from Access/Excel etc are you into electronic technology (1 Viewer)

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 13:40
I'm also a big advocate of open source/ free software......

Me too. Have you tried Fedora 10 live CD already. Works like a chram with me. ;)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 04:40
I pay all of my bills online, unless they don't have it available. I access my bank accounts and synch Quicken with them. I love techie stuff and have 6 computers on my home network, including a server running Windows 2008 Server. I have a cell phone, PDA, and an 8Gb Zune. I have two sets of Bluetooth headphones for listening to music on my Zune and PDA.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 06:40
i Pay All Of My Bills Online, Unless They Don't Have It Available. I Access My Bank Accounts And Synch Quicken With Them. I Love Techie Stuff And Have 6 Computers On My Home Network, Including A Server Running Windows 2008 Server. I Have A Cell Phone, Pda, And An 8gb Zune. I Have Two Sets Of Bluetooth Headphones For Listening To Music On My Zune And Pda.
holy Buggers! I dont', or never will, have any of this stuff. =)

Singh400

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:40
holy Buggers! I dont', or never will, have any of this stuff. =)
You are misssing out mate. I run the same sort of setup, minus the Zune. They don't sell them in the UK yet for some reason :( All my computers and data is stored and backed up using my Windows Home Server. Life is much easier. Only got 4 computers + 2 laptops though :D

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
I don't have a need a need for anything of this stuff buddy. I think it is a total waste of time. But to tell you thruth, because I know know so much about how the computer world actually works, I'll probably end up becomming a hacker out of boredom someday. :D

Balr14

Registered User.
Local time
I don't have an Ipod or other music player. My home stereo is a 30 year old Nachamichi and I prefer the sound and ambience of vinyl. I think my car radio works, or at least it did 3 years ago.

I have a cell phone and I know how to make a call with it, which I've done 5 times so far in a year. But, my home phone has caller ID.

I was just forced to buy 2 new flat panel TVs because my old ones gave up the ghost. I bought them in 1978 and 1980. I would have preferred standard definition, CRT based TVs but I couldn't find any.

What you are seeing here (posting in a forum) is the extent of my Internet skills... and even this took two tries.

So, I guess the answer is NO!

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
I would have preferred standard definition, CRT based TVs but I couldn't find any.

Me too. I have a CRT monitor for work. I dread the day when it goes bang and am forced to buy LCD.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Softer for CRT? Your LCD screen is too low-res, then. Or you are too close to them. My LCDs are pretty good even for serious pictures from my hi-res digital camera. (A recent addition because it was on sale and my old camera had bitten the big one, as we say.)

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
how can anyone posting on this forum not be happy with all things internet?

internet shopping/banking must be safer than live shopping - its garages that clone credit cards, not major institutions on line

what does surprise me is the appalling login procedures for most building societies.

brickelldb

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:40
Online shopping/banking/everything for 7 years (since i was old enough to need a bank account or have money to shop), not a single hiccup - EVER - (knock on wood).

But then again, only shop from reputable sources - WACHOVIA, CHASE, NEWEGG, AMAZON, ETC. - I dont think you can go wrong. If in real life you go to the swap meet to buy the latest copy of software at 1/20 of the price and pay with a credit card - pretty sure your going to get same results as buying from website with the same deal.

Problem is usually between the keyboard and the chair....;)

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_dK
I still don’t understand women

Who the hell does?;):D

I do! :D ;)

Oddly enough, I do just about everything on line, but as far as banking is concerned, no need to use hole in the wall or on line banking, I know that what goes into my account comes out again without me ever even needing to touch it :mad:

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 13:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_dK
I still don’t understand women

I do! :D ;)

Great, can you send me and Rich the manuals then, and yes latest revision please :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom