Attach mp4 videos to records (1 Viewer)

petko

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:54
Hi,

For our company database we attach files (mostly pdf and jpg) to records so that Access generates path as text, based on the record ID, target forder's name and file extension. User picks this generated path text up by Ctr-C to the clip board and while using 'save as' method from the pdf or jpg source he pastes the text to the save as field by Ctr-V and the file is saved into the needed location and with the required name. This method had been working very well.
I had recently a new request that mp4 video format should be able to be attached to the records. I'd like to use the same method as above, however the common video players, users use, do not have save as function. So I need to find a workaround and I'd like to keep it simple.

Maybe you have an advice for a simple method?

Thanks

petko

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:54
If I am not mistaken, SaveAs is basically just another way of making a copy of the file. If so, check out the FileCopy method.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:54
Exactly where is the Ctrl+C performed?

petko

Registered User.
Local time
If I am not mistaken, SaveAs is basically just another way of making a copy of the file. If so, check out the FileCopy method.
The problem is that the required mp4 file's location is hard to find out for a normal user so copy file would be difficult because I don't have the location. Mp4 files, needed to store, will arrive mostly by mail or on a media.
Best would be that the player application could offer a 'Save as' function when playing the video. However the most common ones do not have such option.

petko

Registered User.
Local time
Exactly where is the Ctrl+C performed?
When user wants to attach the file to a record he triggers this by double click on a certain field of a form. The form displays than a patch text to a field, it sets the focus on the field and user just presses Ctr-C. Text is on clip board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom