Attendance Sheet Format (2 Viewers)

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:03
I need to design a attendence sheet but not having any idea how to design it. Either i should add checkbox or option box. Or just add bunch of textbox or comboBox with Present or Absent as mask. I am confused :confused:

The sheet needs to record attendence of employee everyday of every month of each year. if you have any sample database or something that can guide me that would be lovely.

i am looking for something like this either in form or in report view.

Last edited:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:03
with databases you need to start from the data and real life process, not the final view. Google something like 'access timesheet', 'time recording', 'attendance recording'. Also look at the templates that come with access and the sample databases section of this forum.

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
with databases you need to start from the data and real life process, not the final view. Google something like 'access timesheet', 'time recording', 'attendance recording'. Also look at the templates that come with access and the sample databases section of this forum.

i have all the data related to the requirement of attendence sheet. i was just asking from experts like you that what would be the best practice to use? textbox cbo optionbox etc. because i need to mark attendance of multiple students (1000) so need something that work quick and easy.

thansk for search suggestion :)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
This is one approach to a student attendance sheet which forms part of a large commercial app for schools.

All attendance marks for the academic year are stored in one large table of approx 1.4 million records. This is filtered for the selected date, teacher and lesson to get the correct class data for that session. Additional features include student photos, links to attendance history and pastoral referrals etc.

The form only shows records for one lesson. This is important both to make it load quickly and to make it editable. Your suggested design would require use of a crosstab query & would be read only (which makes it unsuitable for purpose) Attendance history for a class over a number of lessons is available using reports

The data is from a demo version for a fictitious school. As it is part of a commercial app I can't supply code but if interested you can download the demo version from my website. Its an ACCDE file so no code is available. However, it may help you think through how to do something similar yourself

Good luck

Attachments

• LessonAttendanceRegister.jpg
    LessonAttendanceRegister.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 9,540
Last edited:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
what would be the best practice to use? textbox cbo optionbox etc.
it depends on what your data is, how it is stored, how users interact with it. If you want to use the form as shown for input you will need some fairly hefty code behind it.

there appears to be 5 options for each box (one of which is predicate on holidays which presumably would be in a separate table and/or calculated based on the day of the week) - so suspect a combobox or perhaps textbox with validation rules.

if you have 1000 students that you personally have to manage then I would look at a way that is designed to handle 1000 students on (I presume) a daily basis - and would look nothing like your form.

In your first post you referred to employees but showed a student attendance record that would presumable be manually completed on paper by the instructor for a specific subject. I would suggest this also would not be a good 'input document' either.

PS thanks for the commendation on your other post!

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
I can't supply code but if interested you can download the demo version from my website. Its an ACCDE file so no code is available.

kindly tell me what is your site address

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
kindly tell me what is your site address

Click the website link in my signature line below.
On the home page, click the School Data Analyser link then you'll see a link for the DEMO version.
It's a very big file - approx. 890 MB zipped.

I've not had time to update it for the current academic year so it currently covers Sept 2017 - Aug 2018.
Will update next week but if you get any problems in the meantime, let me know

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:03
What is the purpose of the form? Are you trying to make something for people to use to record their own time? Are you trying to print reports? If you can't have people connecting directly to the application, the best method of input is to have them fill out their time in a spreadsheet and then import the spreadsheet.

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
i have achieved it by using the append query and storing the data in another table named attendance log. and then created report based on that table.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
The Excel picture you provide in thread #1 seems adequate for the job. In fact it looks like a teacher's attendance packet handed out at the beginning of the school year. Why convert to Access? Just curious.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
What are the Mark All Present and Mark All Absent buttons for?

can you tell how to make a button that will mark all the student present or absent at once.? as per your image

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
What are the Mark All Present and Mark All Absent buttons for?

i have an access form on which i have a combo box for each record in the database. i want a button that can change values of all the combox at onece.

e.g if i want to mark all the students Present i just click the button and it change all the comboxes value to Present. That is what i am looking for.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

You would have an Update query which sets the field in the underlying table to True or False

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

You would have an Update query which sets the field in the underlying table to True or False

its not true or false. there are four options in the comboBox
Present
Absent
Leave
Other

the question is how to update all the comboboxes to one of these values.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
As mentioned use an update query with the correct value.
Are you using macros or VBA ?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
To mark all present, I use an SQL update statement to set the appropriate code but you could use an update query as Gasman already stated.

In the UK, the '/' symbol indicates present if its part of a morning session, and '\' is used for afternoon sessions
Similarly for absence you might need 'O' or 'N'

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
As mentioned use an update query with the correct value.
Are you using macros or VBA ?

i have a button on the form with vb code but only change value of the selected record. i want it to change value of all records.

here is the code
Code:
Private Sub markatn_Click()
cboatn.Value = ("Present")
End Sub

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

You would have an Update query which sets the field in the underlying table to whichever Value you want

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I would have an unbound combo with the same values as the attendees and one button to apply the status.
In the update query I would set the status field of the table to the value of the unbound combo. That way one query and one button does all four status and any others that might get added.
Use the Query GUI to create the query and the Build button to get the correct syntax for the form control.

However I would now ask, is this for all records, or just those that show on the form.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom