Attendance Sheet with time restrictions (1 Viewer)

Abbasi791

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:52
Hi, I am working on an attendance sheet. I wanted to design a sheet or form in ms access where user can update daily attendance and that Attendance must also be locked after a timeframe like user has provision to mark Attendance up to 08:00 am after 08:00 am he should not be able to mark any attendance in access form. Moreover, Attendance history of individual user should also be available at a button available nearest to Attendance marking. Is there anyone who can help me out in this issue.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:52
First, consider this: You are looking to restrict, protect, limit your data interactions with your user. If your user can see a table or datasheet, there is NO WAY to stop him/her from updating it. Therefore, you will have to do this through some type of form. Under no circumstances can you allow anyone to see the inner workings of your DB. Your users will work only through forms (and reports, of course).

You need to start reading on this topic: Securing a database.

The search feature of this forum (upper right corner of screen) can be used to find articles on that subject.

Now, the good news... IF you have a form covering everything for you, then you can very easily place restrictions on what can be done - including not only WHAT, but WHEN and HOW. The form provides a "scaffold" onto which you can build all sorts of tests, protections, safeguards, however you want to say it. Putting up this facade to hide your database's inner structure sounds difficult and for novice users it might be a bit daunting. But an unguarded Access offers NO control over what your users can & will do.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:52
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

As was already mentioned, you can do a lot of the things you want if you use Forms to control data input/updates. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom