Auto fill fields from table (1 Viewer)

lynsey2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:33
Was that the one splitting history into 2 tables?? I did try this but couldn’t get it to work! Prob because I don’t really understand what im doing!! :rolleyes: (that’s a surprise eh!)

It was more that I didn’t know what to put where and how I would get the info from my form (which has all the fields in the ART history table on it) stored in the two tables, as I receive my ART history table as a download from the labs (with all these fields) but I store the prescriptions written in a table with the same layout as the ART history so that I can do the append to get the new prescriptions passed into the history table!!

me's thinks me's in a spot of trouble eh!:p

Ok so I really do need help and ill say again, im a student on work placement (meaning im supposed to have someone here who could design this system easily but doesn’t have the time...so I can go and ask them how to do stuff if I need to and they help!)
Surprise
They brought me here and im the only one who knows anything at all about Access...little as that may be...im supposed to design this full proof prescription prescribing system, slash, HIV database so the hospital can store prescriptions and work out their drug costs for the year and see the effects that drugs have on the patients condition along with graphs to see how the patient is doing and view the history and be able to select and re prescribe something instead of typing it in OH AND they want it done yesterday! And I really don’t even know if my relationships are correct or if I have the tables set up properly (which it doesn’t look like I do) or how to do small things like add a patient to the flippin thing:( :( SORRY!

Complaining over... I don’t understand how to do the list box thing even looking at the example you sent Harry! I’m sorry. I am terrified of sub forms, as I don’t know how they work either and on further investigation most of this system should have been designed using sub forms.

Any help is more than appreciated:(

lynsey2

Registered User.
Local time
I have a copy with false data on it that i can post here if anyone thinks its worth a look!

lynsey2

Registered User.
Local time

lynsey2

Registered User.
Local time
aaaaahhhhh! im still stuck! I restructured my table! dont know how to store the data now though? :( :confused: im sorry!
Harry your great!
if your not to busy your help will be much much much appreciated.
can i get a copy of the list box demo again as i deleted it by mistake!

lynsey2

Registered User.
Local time
i didnt delete it totaly i had a copy of one i tried to do.

so i split the history table into 2.

i created a form and put two list boxes on it.
in the row source i have

SELECT [His1].[Ref:], [His1].[Patient Number], [His1].[Start Date], [His1].[Stop Date], [His1].[Doctor], [His1].[Consultant], [His1].[Comments] FROM His1;

im kinda maybe getting there but am i??? still dont know how to store the data!

lynsey2

Registered User.
Local time
thank you much! im kinda getting there!:( :rolleyes:

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
You do realise this thread is over one year old?

simongallop

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry, but looking back through the post, the sample was based off Lyndseys database. Deleted that over a year ago and cannot remember the final result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom