Auto Generate Rpt (1 Viewer)

dogman01

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:40
I have a form with a combo box list of names. When I select a name that persons information populates the rest of the fiels. As well, I want to create a report and tie it to a command button on the forms page so that once a name has been selected the user can push the command button and that current records name is auto inserted into the query of the report. Now the report has been taylored to the name selected. Surely this can be done right?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:40
Fastest fingers in the west! :p

dogman01

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:40
Wow, u guys are fast. Yes baldy along those line except I am going to pass the value to a report query. I will give it a try and let you know. Many thanks

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 04:40
Wow, u guys are fast. Yes baldy along those line except I am going to pass the value to a report query. I will give it a try and let you know. Many thanks

You don't have to pass the value to the query. You can just open the Report using the Where clause and it will take care of it for you. I haven't looked at Paul's code but I'm sure that's what he's doing, just like mine. My example shows how you can open the same report (using a generic query) but by passing different where clauses upon opening the report you can do all of that without modifying a query, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom