Auto Scrolling Data (1 Viewer)

SikSlk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:29
Hi, been lurking on here for a while and can find most things im looking for but for some reason cant find any info on auto scrolling of data?

Im chasing something that will scroll a sub form which is displaying data from a query. slowly scrolling down all the data. It wont have anything entered or edited simply displaying the data. It is to be displayed on a monitor/tv and preferably have either a pause button or stop when focus command or something should they want it to pause. I was thinking it might be something like a move next loop or similar but Im terrible at code, can read alot but cant write it if that makes sence.

i will have a refresh/requery command when it gets to the end i think and or on a 1min cycle? to make sure it displays the most appropriate data.

Anyone point me in the right direction?

(sorry its long, just trying to be a good newbie poster :D )

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:29
This can probably be as complicated as you want to make it. At it's simplest, you could use the timer event of the form or subform with the appropriate interval. The code could be:

DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext

and you'd have to test for when you got to the end and start over again at that point (that alone would error when it got to the last record, as there is no next record at that point).

SikSlk

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, thanks that is what im thinking im trialing this at teh moment (not getting far though, lol) will post back here if i come up with anything but if anyone else has anything to add please let me know

SikSlk

Registered User.
Local time
ok, im not getting it...

this look somewhat right to begin with?

Private Sub Form_Load()
Me.TimerInterval = 1000
End Sub

Private Sub form_timer()
DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext
End Sub

seems to do nothing, i just dont get it?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:29
This is quick and dirty:

Attachments

• Scroller.zip
    16.8 KB · Views: 224

SikSlk

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks heaps for that... i have no idea why i couldn't get it to start even removing a heap of extras i put it... moved yours into it and it worked like a charm. thanks heaps again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom