Automatically email through access. (1 Viewer)

L Yami

Local time
Today, 17:19
Hi everyone

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section but I have been searching the internet for a few days now and haven’t found a complete answer to my problem.

Our company is currently using MS Access 2003 and we have set up a data base using an ‘Autoexec’ macro which we use to create invoices for all our clients. I’m not the person who created this database and to be honest I am a total beginner when it comes to Access altogether, but all the same I have been set a task to find a way where the database will automatically create a new invoice for some of our clients. Save the invoice as a PDF file, then attach that file to an email in Outlook and send it to the client.

Is there a way to make this happen and if so would it be possible for this to happen every month? Any help you could give would be much obliged!

Thanks in advance

L

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:19
Look at the macro action SendObject. It is fairly self explanatory, that is, the section at the bottom of the macro design screen for SendObject.

If the invoice is done as a Report then having that as a PDF in A2003 is a problem unless you use Steven Lebans code...search for Leban on Google as I don't have the site handy. There are also a couple of free third party program. Search for Report Access PDF.

But you can select Snapshot from the macro action options for SendObject. However, the person at the other end needs Access to have SnapShot or download it from Microsoft.

At this stage I would not worry about what has to be done to get it to happen once a month. It is basically like anything else that will run at different times.

darbid

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:19
Just one thing to remember or think about. Your title has the word "Automatically" in it. Without some extra coding or the use of third party plugins like redemption you are going to have problems doing this 100% automatically.

Also this thread here has asked pretty much the same question. I have put a link there to some code which does what you want and more. Of course you can make this a little but more automatic if you know the path of your attachment and there is only one.

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=182937&highlight=outlook

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 11:19
yami,

take a look at one of my threads in the FAQ section called "Send emails from Outlook", or something like that. It provides the MS page that gives part of this info of how to work with the OL objects you'll need. and for the sendobject method, that is not the greatest thing to use. Too many issues and is unreliable, IMHO. sorry mike! mr. macro man! =)

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Adam,

Send Object is good to get someone started and it can draw the email address, body and subject from an Access textbox.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 11:19
Adam,

Send Object is good to get someone started and it can draw the email address, body and subject from an Access textbox.

understand that. was sort of joking around. i don't use it, doesn't mean it shouldn't be used, ya know?

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
And even though object name has a drop drown arrow in the macro you can still enter the Access text box name.

chaujeha

Banned
Local time
Today, 09:19
Great post! It's very nice and userful. Thank you so much for Paul post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom