Back Up Azure SQL SEVER DB From SQL SERVER M S (1 Viewer)

zezo2021

Local time
Today, 12:05
How can make
Back-Up Azure SQL SEVER DB From SQL SERVER M S

Notes:
The backup option not listed when using the shortcut menu

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 03:05
Can you provide a bit more detail on what the end goal is? SQL Azure keeps automatic backups according to a schedule determined in part by the service level you choose. It is not clear to me what you mean by "... From SQL Server MS..." Where do you see this shortcut menu?

zezo2021

Local time
Today, 12:05
Can you provide a bit more detail on what the end goal is? SQL Azure keeps automatic backups according to a schedule determined in part by the service level you choose. It is not clear to me what you mean by "... From SQL Server MS..." Where do you see this shortcut menu?

I don't understand online backup azure

I connected to Azure Database using SQL server Management studio

when using the shortcut on db not find task -----backup

backup appear with local db online

Attachments

• back up on local server.png
    back up on local server.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 47

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:05
As @GPGeorge stated, Azure SQL databases are Automatically backed up as part of the Azure service.
The Restore options are only available in the Azure Web Portal to the best of my knowledge
1698134120153.png

From there you will given the option to pick what point in time you want to restore from based on the availability from your level of service you are paying for.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:05
Well it's very useful, for creating a local copy.
But I don't see what that achieves above simply restoring or copying the database in the Azure portal,

To use as a restorable backup you would have to then export it back to the Azure instance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom