ballooning file sizes in access 2007 (1 Viewer)

DataMiner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:19
I've recently completed converting all my db's to access 2007. now i'm noticing seriously ballooning file sizes, even though i've got compact/repair on close turned on.

all of my db's are split into fe's and be's, and it's the fe's that are ballooning (be's are all on sql server). I distribute fe's to each user and keep one "frozen" copy of each fe that never gets used. Now, for example, i have a db where the "frozen" copy is about 4MB, but the copy in use is 35MB. The contents of the db (what's visible to me, anyway) look identical.

any ideas?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 04:19
Do you have any make table queries or do a lot of deleting and appending records?

DataMiner

Registered User.
Local time
No. anyway, no changes to the db from it's access 2002version, other than the 2007 conversion. and i did not have this ballooning issue in 2002.

DataMiner

Registered User.
Local time
Either i don't understand the answer or it doesn't help. My bloating is occuring in frontends. I do a fair amount of "refreshing" tables, by which I mean deleting all the records in the table and then re-appending. But the tables are all backend, mostly in SQL server. The data stored in the frontend is limited to a couple of small (200 records or fewer) local tables.

Repair/Compact does NOT decrease the size of the db.

Any other ideas???

DataMiner

Registered User.
Local time
I've created a separate thread under "repair/compact seems not to be working in Access 2007", which I believe I've confirmed to be the problem here. See the new thread for more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom