Button to open hyperlinks? (1 Viewer)

R

Rick5150

Good morning,
I am a novice Access 2000 user who has developed a rather intricate database over the years through trial and error. My latest problem is this:

I have developed a form that has a field where I enter hyperlinks to various .pdf forms on our server. This field has the entire hyperlink and I can get to the files by clicking the hyperlink. THis part works great.

However, I would like to assign a single button titled "Go to MSDS Sheet" that will automatically "click" whichever hyperlink is in that field at the time, for me.

I hope this makes sense, but I am self taught and over my head!

Regards,
Rick

mrenshaw

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:37
Try this..

Creat a button and put Application.FollowHyperlink “name of field with link no quouts”

S

skelm

'Cannot locate the Internet Server or proxy server'

Hey,

I'm using Access 2003 and I used Application.Follow hyperlink for a field which only stores urls.

Whenever I go to utilise this button however i get the error: Cannot locate the Internet server or proxy server.

I know the internet is working on this machine (using it right now) and I haven't been able to find anything to resolve this. Just wondering, what am I doing wrong? Is this an access setting or something to do with the way i've created my command button?

Just one other thing, assuming I get the button to work, can I essentially use this to open Outlook or whichever mail program by using mailto: hyperlinks like I can in html?

Thanks in advance.

skelm
Codingo Software

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:37
You have to have the field in the table that is storing the web address formatted as a "text" field.

Then the application.followhyperlink and or the Mailto: command will work.

I trust that you are using VBA instead of a macro to do the function but I guess not since you posted in the macro section of the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom