Bypass the DLL autostart (1 Viewer)

Javelin

The Backpacker
Local time
Today, 11:09
Hi,

Can someone please help?

Basically - I've inherited a database - which starts via DLL. I need to create new functions in it but I don't know how I can bypass the auto-start and get into the background (database window) - Can you help?

Jav

Javelin

The Backpacker
Local time
The thing I forgot to mention was - I've already tried holding down the shift button but it doesn't work.

Can you help?

Jav

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:09
You need to download the "AllowBypassKey.mdb" db that Ricky Hicks has posted at Utter Access. You need to join the Utter Access forum (it is free) to see/download the samples. That db is located in the Achive Samples section and it will allow you to remotely enable/disable the Shift key.

Utter Access

HTH

Javelin

The Backpacker
Local time
HELP

ghudson,

Many thanks for the link. I've tried the database access tool - but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. The problem is that the tool asks you to locate a 'mdb' file; and the tool I've inherited doesn't have a file attachment '.mdb'. Instead all there is - is;

Spview.exe
Vbrun300.dll
Co.txt
File.set
Fixtures.map
Grid.vbx
Soccers.dat
Soccers.fix
Soccers.grp
Soccers.res
Soccers.tab
Soccers.wk
Spin.vbx

When you double click on the 'Spview.exe' file it opens up a 'Switchboard' type form but there is no way I can get into the database window.

Can you please tell me how I use the allowAccessTool to get in the window - or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks

Jav

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:09
That is not an Access database. Looks like a custom "uncompiled" program. I do not think that if is a Visual Basic progam. Maybe somebody else here will recognize the support files and can advise you further.

You will need the original program and source files to modify the design of the program. I can state that it is not a Microsoft Access application.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom