calendar scheduler for a lan

have not fully tested and i let you do the testing.
is this the one you want to send me? i don see the new field in the table and the form you have added seems to do not work
don't open anything and there is no code associated on clic action

in table tblAppointments, i added ApptColor field.
before opening the db (you downloaded), Right click it and choose Properties
on Properties, Check the, Unblock.
also if there are Security Warnings when you open it, click Allow so that the VBA will work.

sorry i sent the wrong db. here again.
ok testing and i have found an error. If i insert data in the daily view, without opening the appointmente windows i get error, syntax error in instruction INSERT TO, trying to check the code but can't understand the error yet. Also..(but for this i need to talk with my colleagues) when i open the windows to insert appointments i can see all the appointmne of all the rooms while may be is better to see only the selected room. Not sure if this must be like this yet, but i think so

ok testing and i have found an error. If i insert data in the daily view, without opening the appointmente windows i get error, syntax error in instruction INSERT TO, trying to check the code but can't understand the error yet. Also..(but for this i need to talk with my colleagues) when i open the windows to insert appointments i can see all the appointmne of all the rooms while may be is better to see only the selected room. Not sure if this must be like this yet, but i think so
ok have found the syntax error, there was a . instead of , ,when listing the field of the form

always use the Form, specially frmMainMenu. DO NOT directly put data in the raw Table.

always use the Form, specially frmMainMenu. DO NOT directly put data in the raw Table.
yes, i do that. So i want thatht in the frm.calendarAppt also the listed data are filtered byt the room color. Is that possible?

i have found this code

SELECT tblAppointments.ApptID, Format([ApptStart],"Short Date") & " " & Format([ApptStart],"Short Time") AS AD, Format([ApptEnd],"Short Date") & " " & Format([ApptEnd],"Short Time") AS ED, tblAppointments.ApptSubject, tblAppointments.ApptLocation, tblAppointments.Exported, tblAppointments.ApptNotes, DateValue([ApptStart]) AS ASD, DateValue([ApptEnd]) AS AED FROM tblAppointments WHERE (((DateValue([ApptStart]))<=[txtStartDate]) AND ((DateValue([ApptEnd]))>=[txtStartDate])) ORDER BY Format([ApptStart],"Short Date") & " " & Format([ApptStart],"Short Time"), Format([ApptEnd],"Short Date") & " " & Format([ApptEnd],"Short Time");

in the row oigin of the form, i think here i shoul dinsert the room color filter and fetching, adding an AND/WHERE part of code...not sure how to write it though

on the frmCalendarMain, you double-click a date (on Month) view, or double-click a time (Weekly or Daily view) to add/edit or delete an appointment (in your case a schedule).

on Main form (menu) when you click "Blue Room" all schedules will be shown for that room only. the same with Red Room.

on the frmCalendarMain, you double-click a date (on Month) view, or double-click a time (Weekly or Daily view) to add/edit or delete an appointment (in your case a schedule).

on Main form (menu) when you click "Blue Room" all schedules will be shown for that room only. the same with Red Room.
yes i have no problem with it, but with the frmcalendarappt showing all the room appointments instead of the selected one only!

are you using the db i posted on #21, that one is filtering whichever "color" you choose from the menu.

are you using the db i posted on #21, that one is filtering whichever "color" you choose from the menu.
yes and it works fine but in the frmCalendarAppt.
When i double click on a daily view day to insert a schedule, that form open showing all the schedule for that day. It shows not only the room i am working at but the other room schedule also

yes and it works fine but in the frmCalendarAppt.
When i double click on a daily view day to insert a schedule, that form open showing all the schedule for that day. It shows not only the room i am working at but the other room schedule also
i have also found another error, but this is from the original db
Still in that form frmCalendarAppt, when i create a new appt, if i try to change the end date of the appt i get error, and i need to close the db

here i added Criteria on ApptColor on the recordsource of the Listbox.
yes great
2 more thing
the first is an error in the appontments scheduler when try to change the start date or end date through the popup

The second is that i would lik eto chenge the hours slot som room have 1 hour slot so 8:00-9:00 9:00-10:00 and so on other rooms has different like 8:40-9:20 - 9:20-10:00, 10:00-10 40..and so on, it is 40 minutes slot
These are fixed, always like this
ANd it also wouyld be nice to hide (or delete ) all the slot athat are never used. Nothng start before 8:00 and nothing goes beyonf 18:20..each room has different end or start
Would be good if the timetable start and finish at the time i need

Then i have other let's called them room" wher ethere is no time scheduling but just list of names

Do you think is it possible?

p.s. edit for calendar error
i get the same error for calendar in the FRMCALENDARMAIN when i open the calendar icon on top, Get again error. So all the calendar pop gets error in this db. It seems that when it opens(in both cases) it is not set with a default date, so it gives error of course

Last edited:
yes great
2 more thing
the first is an error in the appontments scheduler when try to change the start date or end date through the popup

The second is that i would lik eto chenge the hours slot som room have 1 hour slot so 8:00-9:00 9:00-10:00 and so on other rooms has different like 8:40-9:20 - 9:20-10:00, 10:00-10 40..and so on, it is 40 minutes slot
These are fixed, always like this
ANd it also wouyld be nice to hide (or delete ) all the slot athat are never used. Nothng start before 8:00 and nothing goes beyonf 18:20..each room has different end or start
Would be good if the timetable start and finish at the time i need

Then i have other let's called them room" wher ethere is no time scheduling but just list of names

Do you think is it possible?
if you want to do more edit please use mine. In this there is acorrection for an erorr in listing the field name, plus i have added another room

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi, impotant update
Don't work at this file as the author, Peter, send me a new version of the calendar, which really looks gorgeous, so if we have to edit the db, is better to edit the new one
Waiting to see what it is needed to edit
If you like i might ask Peter if i can post it

Please do, or post a link to where he shares it.
I used to use an old version of his, in my last place of work, for holidays.

FWIW I would have used his location field for your rooms, just changing it to a combo.

Please do, or post a link to where he shares it.
I used to use an old version of his, in my last place of work, for holidays.

FWIW I would have used his location field for your rooms, just changing it to a combo.
he send to me via mail,so i have asked him if i can post it...you know is better to have his permission before, and i'll be happy to post it here!

Definitely need his permission, but likely he has posted elsewhere, unless he tailored it for you particular situation, which I would think is not even needed?

here is the updated version. As Peter told me, the file was first published in the Utter Access forum.
Enjoy!

I still need some help with it for the time slot management, hope Peter can do otherwise i'll ask you again!:)

Attachments

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom