Can Not Edit Application Title or Change/Add Display Form (1 Viewer)

BlingGirl

Local time
Today, 11:55
I can not edit the Application Title or change/add a display form in any of my databases.
I have created brand new databases with one table and one form and I still am not able to add an Application Title or add a Display Form.
When I try to type in the Application Title section nothing happens, no text appears.
When I try to add a Display Form it lets me select it but it doesn't save my selection.

Although I've spent hours trying to figure it out, I hope it's just a setting somewhere and any easy fix.
I have probably been Googling the wrong wording (not sure how though) to try to find a solution.

Windows 11 - Office 365.
Everything is up to date.

Eugene-LS

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:55
Is this happening to all databases or just one?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:55
Look at this link, which points into the MS Knowledge Database

Not so sure about the "display form." But ALL forms are "display forms" in one sense of the word, so what did you mean specifically?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 19:55
My first point of call would be any 365 updates.
Lots of issues recently with those, with much larger side effects.

Then perhaps a repair?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Presume you are clicking the save button after you have made your changes?

BlingGirl

Local time
I appreciate all your replies. I should have made myself more clear in my first post. I apologize, I had been trying to solve the problem for a few hours, and in my frustration, I hastily made the post without describing my issue properly, and then stepped away right after posting.

The settings I am referring to are located: File/Options/Current Database. Application Title & Display Form
I could not type in the Application Title setting, I would type but nothing would appear. I could select a form but it would not save the selection, even after closing and reopening the databases.
DB6OptionsPC.png

It seems I missed checking the simplest culprit. Sometimes I am too close to the project and need to step away to come up with a conclusion/solution. I don't know why I didn't think to check my databases on another computer yesterday but was the first thing I thought today.

And....all my databases work fine on my laptop, and I can change the settings without a problem.
DBOptionsLaptop.png

So... my next stop was figuring out the differences between the two computers...
I found my PC version of 365 had the Office Insider program option selected, and my laptop did not. I removed the Office Insider Program option on my PC, received a few office updates, and now everything is working perfectly. It was the first thing I noticed and tried, and luckily it resolved the problem. (I just want to be clear in case anyone else runs into this problem and is reading this. Office was up to date before I deselected the Office Insider program option. After I deselected it, then Office apply some updates.)
DB6OptionsPC-RemovedInsider.png

Thank you again for all your quick responses. I have found this forum to be extremely helpful. I joined here about six months ago and have not needed to post. Every time I need help or get stuck, I can find an old post with a solution. I have a LOT of bookmarks! :geek:
Thank you all for sharing your time and knowledge! It is much appreciated!

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Good on you for even attempting a search. (y)
Most do not. :(

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
@BlingGirl
I'm on the Insider Beta Channel on my tablet - currently v2209 Build 15619.20000
I just tested changing both items in Access Options and did so without issues

I'd be happy to report the issue to MS but as I can't replicate it, please can you tell me:
a) which insider channel you were on
b) the version and build info

Thanks

BlingGirl

Local time
@isladogs
I wrote down all my Windows versions and updates info from the two computers but failed to write down the Office information.
However, I do know that it was on the Beta Channel.
I am not sure if it changed my version and build when I deselected the insider option.
Currently: Version: 2207 (Build 15427.20210 Click-to-Run)

It probably doesn't do much good if I'm not 100% on the version and build. I will definitely make sure to keep better notes next time something like this happens. Honestly, I didn't think changing that setting would make a difference.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
No problem. I'll report it anyway with a link to this thread
I can't blame you for de-selectng the insider option.
I did exactly the same thing about 3 years ago following major issues with location services
I only reselected insider beta on one machine yesterday and that was for a specific reason - creating an Access/Windows version checker addin which I hope to upload to https://www.isladogs.co.uk/avc-addin/index.html in the next hour or so

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom