Cannot Log Into Split MDE Database (1 Viewer)

dungstar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:11
I have an Access database that I have running on the server. I've compiled it made it into an MDE file. When I run it, everything appears to be working fine. I created my own log-in form. However, when I split it, I will often get this error when clicking on the log in form:

The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: The operation on teh | object failed.
* The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, of [Event Procedure].
* There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro.

So it works fine when it's not split, but once I split it, I experience all sorts of problems. For example, I was about to recreated the split database without there error, but some of my functionality resulted in errors. Now, the same database won't even get pass my login form. The inconsistency of the problems gives me no indication of what could be wrong.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Check that both db's have the same settings in the references section/tab...

dungstar

Registered User.
Local time
Are you referring to the FE & BE when you say both DB's or the split and unsplit DBs? I'm not quite sure which reference section you are referring to. Could you please clarify?

Thank you!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
When you split the DB from the original into a front end backend arrangement you have to create at least one new DB. Sometimes new DB’s do not have the same references set as the DB they were created from. To check this you need to open a form in design mode open the code window, click on Tools>>>>>, References >>>>>.

You should see a list of Available references; make sure you have the same set of references in all your DB’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom