Cascading in the same listbox? (1 Viewer)

PuddinPie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:54
Is it possiable to have a listbox that has a cascade in it?

For example: [+]/[-]

When you click on an item in a listbox a sub list appears in the same listbox under the item you just clicked and tabed in a bit?

Thank You.
Keith

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:54
You're describing a Form/Subform display where both Forms are in Datasheet View.

Linq ;0)>

PuddinPie

Registered User.
Local time
No I'm not. I'm asking if anyone knows of a way to set a listbox to have a dynamic submenu. IE. You click on an option in a listbox and in the same listbox a sub list expands or contracts.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 20:54
However , that's what missingling answered. To make it clear, your dream creature does not exist :D

smaviddavid

Registered User.
Local time
Would there be another way of doing this? I'm interested as in my database i have office staff, setters, craftsmen, and reps, and having them in one long list is a bum.

PuddinPie

Registered User.
Local time
What about acSetToFront? Can you use that to call windows to the front to make it look dynamic? If so, what would the command be?

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 20:54
There is a TreeView control -google it . Or search for it on this site - one of the posts here has a bunch of samples attached, as I recall. Maybe it's located in the Code Repository or Samples Databases.

Otherwise, your listbox could be preceded by a combo, where you select what subset you display in your listbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom