Change the Sub-Form View by using VBA

If you have to make a comment for each tag you record, then a multi-select combo will be no help to you.
@Pat Hartman
Dear Pat. The relation between comments and tagnumbers is 1 to many. One comment to many tagnumbers.
I cannot publish the supplier document for legal reason but image the comment is for example: "painting color RAL should be RAL1731" and this comment is applied to all the tags listed in the page where the comment is inserted.
@Gasman
Dear Gasman, thank you for your instruction, I will prepare a sample of the mask for the data entry of the tagnumbers and then I will post the photo.

now add a Tab Control on your form with 2 tabs and put the subforms on their respective tab.
then add a Command button on the form that serve as a switch between form views of your
subform. You can Hide the Tabs on the Property of the Tab Control.

Further to ArnelGP's excellent suggestion, it's often a good practice to set the Record Source of subforms to nothing if they're not actively displaying information. By only assigning the Record Source when you open the tab containing the subform, you can significantly improve performance, especially when dealing with large datasets.

You can check out a method I use to achieve this in the video linked here:-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom