Solved Chart Displaying Empty Axis Values (1 Viewer)

pooldead

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:27
I have a bar chart I'm trying to setup using historical data from a table. I'm tracking the data by date, and the table column being charted on the axis is set as a Date/Time field. The issue is that my recorded dates are spread out, not daily. So the chart is displaying all the dates in between my records. How can I modify the chart to display only my dates?

1672167079619.png

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:27
Restrict the chart sql to only show items greater than zero?

pooldead

Registered User.
Local time
Restrict the chart sql to only show items greater than zero?
I can try that, but if I wanted to keep days that are actually zero, I could limit to items that are not null right?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:27
Do this restriction by modifying the query the chart is bound to so it uses a where clause as suggested by Isla.

Or use not null as you need.

pooldead

Registered User.
Local time
Do this restriction by modifying the query the chart is bound to so it uses a where clause as suggested by Isla.

Or use not null as you need.
So I have the query part fixed, but when I try and modify the "Transformed Row Source" value to edit the SQL query, it won't let me save. Shows this (which I confirmed none of those reasons to be true):

1672171146281.png

pooldead

Registered User.
Local time
Okay, figured it out. I had to go into the Chart Settings and select my Axis category, then choose "Day" since it's a date field.

Thanks for the assistance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom