Chart Graph screwed up axis or missing anything problem (1 Viewer)

Babbage

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:42
Hi there

I have a problem with the chart/graph object. It's embedded on a form, and the data within can change quite a bit in scope and scale (date ranges could be 1 minute to 1 year, values might be 0-10 or 0-10000 or more.

So I nee the axis to scale automatically. I set a row source to dynamically change that it's looking at. It's being very temperamental.

Example:

My chart object. Showing nothing! Note there is a set of data. Form design mode.

pt1.png

Same chart object, form in normal mode.

pt2.png

After set various row sources, it might eventually show something. Note that the rowsource to get this showing was selected several times in setting various row sources - identical each time. No apparent reason it would start showing something on any particular attempt!

pt3.png

So back into design mode on the form... hold on a minute, its formatted properly and I can see everything..... what??

pt4.png

I suspect something (y-axis) is not being recalculated or refreshed or re-something when the rowsource is updated.

Note the Y axis is all set to auto....

pt5.png

Any ideas?

Have tried to force things from code, but you know what the chart object is like - even finding the right method can be a nightmare to try there. Didn't manage it.

Any ideas? I'm stuck :(

Happens on all chart object's i've tried this on (data varies a lot on all of them) + recreating them doesn't help.

All data is ordered btw, and is a simple <date>, <number> list - nothing complex.

Many thanks

Martin

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 16:42
If you upload your database or that part of it that has the chart and data I'll poke at it and see if I can figure it out. I'm betting the problems has something to do with using Date/Time on the xaxis. I've had problems with this type of chart before.

Babbage

Registered User.
Local time
Played with this quite a bit, producing a separate example was problematic. Ended up translating dates/times in to a simpler integer value (it didn't need to be visible) and recreating the graphs from scratch. Bingo.

Think it was gremlins!

Babbage

Registered User.
Local time
Saying that, after all that, and working fine, just started messing up again. I think the bottom line is, the chart/graph control is a bit pants!

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 16:42
Saying that, after all that, and working fine, just started messing up again. I think the bottom line is, the chart/graph control is a bit pants!
Maybe your changes didn't get saved.

I had to look up "pants". It means "crap"?

Babbage

Registered User.
Local time
Oh they were saved. Working - form closed - opened - working - form closed - open - working - form closed - open - .......not working.

In this context, yes, pants mean crap :)

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom