ChatGPT will become a coders #1 tool (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:54
The insight provided by this video clip sums up my experience with ChatGPT:-

I have written some excellent code in Python, well I should say, me and my mate ChatGPT!

The AI "coding pilots" will open up the world of programming to a new breed of programmers. I just can't imagine what we will see being developed in the near future.

I personally have several projects in mind which have been too daunting to tackle until now. It looks very likely that I will resurrect some of them due to the prospect of serious help from a practically free helper.

Have you got a pet project filed away for a rainy day, a project which you assumed you'd never be able to start or complete?

if it's not confidential, tell us about it....

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:54
I'm thinking of dumping t-sql queries into chat gpt that I know need tuning and see what it suggests to consider.

Also, starting a separate session to see if it can tune-again it's already-tuned versions, see if I can tease the schizophrenic out of it LOL

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:54
This is an article on using chat GPT to help you with coding. Basically it says use chat GPT as a companion and don't ever trust what it tells you!

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:54
This is an article on using chat GPT to help you with coding. Basically it says use chat GPT as a companion and don't ever trust what it tells you!

Predictably, I take issue with combining "#1 tool" and "can't be trusted" in the same sentence, it goes against the way coding off of documentation works. ChatGPT may be useful, however, for those too lazy to read the documentation - and their workproduct will show the relative wisdom/or not, of having used chatgpt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom