Christopher Hitchens sentenced to 2 years in prison

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:41
Here in the UK at this moment, It would be very dangerous to repeat the words of Christopher Hitchens...

But they cannot arrest Christopher Hitchens because the poor buggers dead!

Transcript:-

Christopher Hitchens:
"Resist it while you still can and before the right to complain is taken away from you, which will be the next thing. You will be told you can't complain because you're Islamophobic. The term is already being introduced into the culture as if it was an accusation of race hatred, for example, or bigotry, whereas it's only the objection to the preachings of a very extreme and absolutist religion. Barbarians never take a city until someone holds the gates open for them, and it's your own preachers who will do it for you and your own multicultural authorities who will do it for you. Resist, resist it while you can."

Chatty says:-
Christopher Hitchens’ comments are framed as an intellectual critique rather than an incitement of hatred or violence. He is discussing his perspective on how certain aspects of Islam, as he interprets them, may conflict with Western cultural values. In contexts where freedom of speech is protected, such critique is typically considered lawful as long as it doesn't cross into hate speech or direct incitement of violence.

Last edited:
Sad.

If people keep electing democrats, we'll get to where your every word and thought is patrolled and anything that could possibly offend anybody is a crime.

If people keep electing democrats, we'll get to where your every word and thought is patrolled and anything that could possibly offend anybody is a crime.
We are fast heading to an Orwellian 1984

As far as I'm concerned, It started with manholes, which in my opinion, it would have been better to name them alternately manhole, womanhole, manhole, womanhole --- like that....

I can't think why they didn't adopt that naming convention?

Not sure I'm understanding you at this point

As far as I'm concerned, It started with manholes, which in my opinion, it would have been better to name them alternately manhole, womanhole, manhole, womanhole --- like that....

I can't think why they didn't adopt that naming convention?
Because the powers-that-be started calling them "equipment access holes".

Because the powers-that-be started calling them "equipment access holes".
Maybe they wanted to change the name so that more women would agree to work down there;) Manhole makes perfect sense to me since women don't go down there if they can avoid it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom