Close when losing network (1 Viewer)

rikklaney1

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:06
I've recently encountered a problem with a stuttering network. The network loses connection just long enough to crash the front end of my database when a form requeries or does any update. So my question is this. Is there a way to suppress the inevitable bevy of messages about it and just either quit access or run a batch file to kill and restart access?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:06
In theory you can set On Error traps that test for that error and do the Application.Quit operation, but it is possible that you will still have a ragged shutdown because every open connection will try to perform a handshake with the BE server when you start to shut it down. Since the connections in question are already broken, you would get a cascade of "Network Lost" messages and would trigger a lot of traps.

Your better solution long-term is to find out what is wrong with the network.

rikklaney1

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:06
Yeah that's what I was afraid of. I get a bunch of messages now and then either an op calls me so I can tell them restart it or they just ignore it and don't put any data in until someone asks why they aren't entering any data then they just say it wasn't working. I even setup a message box telling the ops that all they need to do is restart. They still either call or ignore. lol Thanks anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom