Combo Box / Data Matching (1 Viewer)

Artavius

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:35
Hello,

I am new to Access and have a question in regards to the combo box function. I have it setup I think correctly but the problem I have is how its storing the data.

What I have done is I have a Table that I created with a field that has set responses that someone can pick from when using the forms to put in data. I then have the combo box to store the answer into another field in that same table. What is happening is when a answer is selected and stored into the seperate field it only puts in the answer field a number.

IE

My Options are:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4

If someone to use the pull down menu and choose Day 1 it would put a 1 for their answer. I would like to see if there is a way to where if you chose Day 1 for an option it would put the name in the answer field. I hope that I am explaining this correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

godofhell

Database Guru
Local time
You can change the colum the control is bound so that it is bound to the name instead of the number, you can do this in the properties of the combo box.

Artavius

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for the information. I'll see if I can find that property in the combo box. I looked in there before but didnt see what should be changed. At least I have an idea of where I need to go now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom