combo box error (1 Viewer)

TVReplay99

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:53
I have a combo box on a form to which it is bound. When I try to select a different option in the combo box on the status menu I get: This redordset is not updateable. I can't figure out what causes this.

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Today, 05:53
Do you only get it for that combo box, not the rest of the form? What does the Record Source line say under Properties.Data?

David R

TVReplay99

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:53
SELECT DISTINCT Cards.Name FROM Cards INNER JOIN Sales ON Cards.CardRecordID=Sales.CardRecordID WHERE (((Year([Date]))=Year(Date())-1)) GROUP BY Cards.Name;

I know not to use [Date] as a field name but I am linked to another database and can't change. The combo box is populated but won't let me select anything.

BPM

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Today, 05:53
The DISTINCT line is what's making it non-updateable, I believe. If you can remove it, do so, otherwise you might have to rework your form.
If you didn't design this combo box yourself, but it came from a wizard, etc, let us know what you're trying to do with this combo box and maybe there's an alternative way.
I don't know what effect, if any, having a field named [Date] will have in this instance. It would appear from the Microsoft Support Center that Date is no longer a reserved word for versions 2000 and higher. YMMV.

Good luck,
David R

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom