Coming to a Country Near You (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotswold

Local time
Today, 10:02
Coming to a country near you, a digital ID. The digital ID concept was originally formulated and exported from Davos, Switzerland. It forms the key component of the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) vision for the ‘fourth industrial revolution’ and their stated transhumanistic objectives. They conspire to permanently connect humans to technology to achieve absolute control of everyone and everything.

Following the Corona Virus experiment that institutionalised everyone the World over within the same fortnight. You can now look forward to having all of your personal details stored online by your government. No doubt it will be as safe as the UK Electoral Roll which has apparently been downloaded with ease by China and possibly shared with whoever they see fit.

A national digital ID is the precursor to introducing social credit scores, carbon credit, vaccine passports and cashless central bank digital currency (CBDC). It is the crucial component to establishing an AI surveillance state.

It will be unlike any existing digital ID. The technology will be based on the storage of blockchain encrypted biometrics that can be securely scanned and decoded upon request. Everyone will be required to submit a combination of their unique biological aspects (fingerprints, palm print, iris scan, DNA, face scan, etc) to a nationwide database. You will be instantaneously identifiable everywhere; geolocated and tracked; and with all personal data harvested and analysed – every aspect of your life, health and finances will be openly scrutinised by endless AI-profiling. A biometric digital ID will enable a digital tyranny.

Anyone at your bank, doctor, hospital nurse or the local authority will be able to lookup your salary and financial details at any time they see fit. With Work-From-Home they will be able to freely share it all with anyone they see fit.

In the UK the “UK digital identity and attributes trust framework” is the precursor to an act of parliament.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/digital-identity

The BBC is already suggesting that the TV License (the TV tax) could be means tested. Are they that confident they will have access to your data to openly propose it? All countries will have similar preparations for these laws in place, just do a search for digital ID <country>

You just wonder how far we are away when every child born has a chip inserted with the excuse that it will remove the need for physical documents like passports in the future.

(edited to remove duplication)

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:02
A scenario that is absolutely within sight. Only YOU can prevent it. I told you not to use Alexa but you've already let the wolf into your home. They will be invading your body next. What? My body, my choice!!!! What a joke that is. Just look what that meant when they told you that you had to take the COVID vaccine even though it wouldn't prevent you from catching or transmitting COVID and might cause harm? If you didn't take the jab, the penalty was to lose your job. Tens of thousands lost their jobs. Many from the military.

How are you going to feel when you go to the gas station and the pump won't give you gas because someone objected to a tweet you made or because the government decided you had already driven your allotment of miles for the month? You think this isn't real??????? You may as well take off your shoes, lay down, and drink the kool-aid now while you wait to be beamed up because your life is over unless enough of us rebel.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
As an associated concern:
While this article focuses on the sharing of data for insurance companies, there are deeper concerns similar to the concerns expressed with digital currency. One item of deep concern would be a "kill switch" where your car could be turned off remotely by someone, such as a police officer. Another, the Department of Justice used credit card/bank data to determine who was in the vicinity of the Capital on Jan. 6th. Well all cars come equipped with GPS capability now. That means that law enforcement would be able to track where you (car) have been. There was a similar example with Fani Willis where cell phone data was used to track her boyfriend (Nathan Wade).

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
the sharing of data for insurance companies
You do realize every car nowadays has a black box. Always downloaded after a serious accident.

One item of deep concern would be a "kill switch" where your car could be turned off remotely by someone, such as a police officer.
Already exists for quite some time. Loan companies use them.

I've been reviewing 7 years worth of search warrants over the past month and your list doesn't even come close to what goes on.

I was surprised how often they seize peoples doorbell camera footage. So not only is the deep state spying on you , your neighbor is too.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:02
If you have GPS in your car as most modern cars do, they are tracking you. They have been. Your just hearing about it.

Phones even if turned off can be tracked.

If you think you're off grid, think again.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
If you have GPS in your car as most modern cars do, they are tracking you. They have been. Your just hearing about it.

Phones even if turned off can be tracked.

If you think you're off grid, think again.
So what's the problem? Also, who are 'they'?
If I'm tracked it must be really exciting for the watcher to see me go to Sainsburys to get food or get a bus to town for shopping.

Stay legal and live a normal life and you've got nothing to worry about.
Col

Cotswold

Local time
You will soon have to buy the car of your government’s choice, not your own.

The TechFangy companies exist because governments’ allow them to. Because they provide valuable and cheap surveillance, available on demand. It is beyond belief that any government would allow any secretive organisation to exist that they didn’t have access to. Which is why TikTok is a problem.

The TV failed and the only replacement available was a so called “smart TV”. It’s OS is Android. I spent an hour switching everything off but is it actually off? It says it doesn’t have a camera and up to now I haven’t found one. But where is the microphone, which it does have? I’ve had to tape up all holes that are possibles. I have selected it to be off but is it? It is not connected to the internet unless I want to stream something and after that it is switched off. The TV is never left on standby but switched off at the wall when not in use.
Why would anyone want, or need a smart dishwasher?

How do I know that the utility company isn’t adjusting my smart meters to increase my gas and electricity readings? The Post Office and Fujitsu swore blind for 20 years, that they couldn’t access the Horizon accounts system. Even in court and under oath. But they could, as we now all know.
Frightening.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I spent an hour switching everything off but is it actually off?
It's never off.
It can be disabled if it is totally disconnected from a power source. (And that includes batteries.)

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 18:02
The last 30 years of my father's life was very hard for him and us.
He simply couldn't evolve with the changes in life. The moment he started to talk, it always started with "When I was young..."
The problem was the world around him had changed but he couldn't fit himself with those changes.

I watch a lot of crime documentaries and almost all of them are solved with the use of GPS data or mobile tracking systems.
If these technologies help police to make the cities safer, what's wrong with me allowing them use my location?

Today's instant messaging apps use a peer to peer encrypting technology. It was the main reason UK tried to ban whatsapp. Because they couldn't track terrorists and their activities via their private messages, nor could they find the future targets. I really don't know if Google speaker or Alexa etc are listening or not. But even if they are, I really don't care them listening to me and my wife talking about our kids or dinner or our plans for future. What else a healthy family talks about that doesn't want the others to listen?
If it can help them to prevent another 911, who really cares? Do you? Is your privacy (which I don't know what does it mean) more important than a life or several thousands lives?
As long as I'm not on the bad side, why should I be afraid of being listened to or tracked?

Life styles are changing and I think it's hard for some of us to fit with the new features, but do you really think you can stop these changes?
10 years ago you could go and buy a dog from a pet shop, and then leave the poor thing in a place far from city and let it starve and die. But today you have to register it with a chip. It helps them to track the owners for abandoned pets. Do you see anything wrong in it?

I don't know why no one talks about the benefits?

@Cotswold
Genuine question. I'm sorry if I sound rude. What you described in #7, reminded me of Léon when he moved from one place to another.
What are you afraid of? Why all these precautions? What secrets of your life may be revealed by them tracking or listening to you, that you don't want to be known? (No offence meant. Feel free not to reply if you will.)

Go back home. Close the doors. Lower the blinds. Turn off TV. Switch off mobile. Disconnect the plugs. Turn off WIFI. Remove batteries. Listen to old transistor radio. Don't use social media. Don't use smart money. Don't use on-line shops. You've been tracked. You've been watched. You've been listened to....
No offence again, but to me it's a criminal or a spy life style.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
So what's the problem? Also, who are 'they'?
If I'm tracked it must be really exciting for the watcher to see me go to Sainsburys to get food or get a bus to town for shopping.

Stay legal and live a normal life and you've got nothing to worry about.
Col
It's not that simple, living in a "police state" has consequences.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:02
What secrets of your life may be revealed by them tracking or listening to you, that you don't want to be known?

This is the attitude of someone who is innocent but doesn't have a natural level of paranoia.

When we stop looking around us to see what stalking beast is close by, that is when the stalking beast pounces. This "big brother is watching" state is breeding out (or trying to breed out) natural instincts of self-preservation. Several years ago, someone hacked my computer's e-mail and threatened to publish pictures of me in unsavory circumstances. I had to laugh at them since at the time, my cell phone was not camera equipped and neither was my computer. But they sent pictures anyway. Pictures of people unknown to me and with furniture not in my house. The point is, with all this spying, predators lurk everywhere.

What secrets of your life might be revealed that you don't want to be known? Oh, how about bank accounts, investment accounts, credit card numbers, ... just to name a few items, and I'm sure that more examples exist. Which is why I never do banking over the phone. Hack my phone, go right ahead. Won't find anything except a contacts list and some boring pictures of ducks, trees, and a few kids' party pics. The point is, the proliferation of various ways to communicate has become a very sharp double-edged sword. George Orwell more or less got everything right except how long it would take.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Or using AI/SORA/World Simulators to conjure up things that only exist in some perverted mind.

Cotswold

Local time
@KiatYama #10
If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear.
That is the excuse that the Hitlers and Stalins of this world rely on. It is simply not good enough to assume that everyone is guilty. That they must prove themselves innocent on demand. All rights are abandonded and control handed over by agreeing.

In Scotland there is a new law in place, the Hate and Public Order Act. In Scotland today if you said that a man cannot be a woman, you will be dragged before a court of law and prosecuted. A conviction against your name for what? The temptation to bring spurious claims will be something persued at every opportunity by some. Of that we can rely.

You it would appear content to have 24 hour surveylance of you and your family. Where one wrong word or even a humerous response
could be used to charge you. Even the entertainment that you watch could be considered contrary to some policy or another. Either then or in the future. AI WILL be used to scan every digital phone conversation and every email. If AI is trained using extreme opinions it will find them.

If you have an anti-virus, as well as your, or email supplier you have given them all permission to access your emails and address book etc without needing to ask, or state a reason. Have you never wondered exactly why those companies, in another country need that authority?
( Not everyone abuses, or abandons dogs. But these regulations have not reduced incidents. Those people are still there and still uneducated. )

You appear to think that it would be Ok for any jobsworth to read your private financial details because it maybe will prevent a 9/11. I do not see why all of that and other private data is anything to do with some quango. There are enough examples of people being attacked today
for something they said years ago in whatever context. It is so bad today that some people are in fear of words. Teachers, lecturers, doctors, comedians can lose their jobs, or have their lives destroyed by simply passing the "wrong opinion" regardless of context.

You are assuming everyone is bad, or evil. We have police and security organisations to safeguard countries and do not need extra and total surveylance which can be and will be used to abuse.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Well said @Cotswold (y)

Our future is being tested in China as we speak, with the help of Google.

In China, no one is safe from facial recognition, or the public shaming that comes with it. Cameras set up at crosswalks to identify and post photos of jaywalkers are commonplace, and a report from Abacus in May 2019 showed photos of children jaywalking on a digital billboard.

1711813439914.png

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 18:02
What secrets of your life might be revealed that you don't want to be known? Oh, how about bank accounts, investment accounts, credit card numbers,
Oh I didn’t know people talk about their credit card numbers. I don’t know what is my bank account number or my credit card number to talk about them. But wait, these numbers are already registered under my name and they don’t need to hear me say it.
Parts of your response is about hacking into pc or mobile which I can’t find any relation to being listened to or tracked. What are we talking about? About these speakers are listening and the GPS tracking us? Or a hacker hacks into our devices?

Cameras set up at crosswalks to identify and post photos of jaywalkers are commonplace, and a report from Abacus in May 2019 showed photos of children jaywalking on a digital billboard.
Then it all comes back to respect the rules. Don’t jaywalk if you’re afraid of being recognized as someone who is used to live on his own rules not the society’s. As I said, if you don’t be on the wrong side, why being afraid.
You expect people doing wrong and nothing happen? And don’t pay for the results and consequences?
Respect the rule. Don’t cross the road illegally and nobody touches you. I don’t see anything wrong in it. Do you?

That is the excuse that the Hitlers and Stalins of this world rely on
I didn’t expect to be compared with Hitler and Stalin. I didn’t understand most what you said. I’ll wait for my son to translate and explain it better. Maybe then I reply. For now just as an answer to this:

You are assuming everyone is bad, or evil. We have police and security organisations to safeguard countries and do not need extra and total surveylance which can be and will be used to abuse.
Which part of my comment made you think I assume everyone is bad?

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:02
Then it all comes back to respect the rules.

Then it comes back to the government wanting you to be a sheep rather than ever even THINKING about being the apex predator that is the human species. You are ignoring the reality of evolution when you take that attitude. The Yale Law of Animal Behavior applies here: When you have two animals of identical breeding and that have bred true for at least 15 generations, and you place these two animals in identical test environments not visible to each other and then subject them to rigorously identical stimuli, the animals will do as they damned well please. Trying to force people into being predictable chattel AIN'T GONNA WORK. (By the way, that "Yale Law of Animal Behavior" was quoted by Randall Garrett in a novel, so don't search the Internet for it.)

Do we want people to respect each other? Heck yes! Can we force that? Not a chance in Hell. And that enhanced surveillance to give people a sense of foreboding, a sense of being under constant scrutiny, a sense of paranoia? It is the equivalent of telling people they will go to Hell if they sin. That technique has been in place for a couple of thousand years. How well has that been working?

Which part of my comment made you think I assume everyone is bad?

The fact that you acknowledge that people want to monitor the private lives of others. THERE IS NO "GOOD" in such an attitude.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Then it all comes back to respect the rules. Don’t jaywalk if you’re afraid of being recognized as someone who is used to live on his own rules not the society’s. As I said, if you don’t be on the wrong side, why being afraid.
You expect people doing wrong and nothing happen? And don’t pay for the results and consequences?
Respect the rule. Don’t cross the road illegally and nobody touches you. I don’t see anything wrong in it. Do you?

I'm sure 84 years ago the Jews thought the same thing, if we just follow the rules everything will be okay. You can almost hear the German soldiers saying "This is for your own protection" as they were loaded onto boxcars. People think this can't happen again, it's just hidden better now with tech. Remember it's for your own protection.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I'm shocked! 😲
You actually don't know who "they" are?
I actually don't. Nor do I know who 'john' is referring to - maybe some politician?

As far as I can see, this thread is yet another wonderful display of (mostly) American paranoia, a bit George Orwell (ish).
Col

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom