Conditional formatting disappeared (Access for MS 365) (1 Viewer)

BarraColl

Local time
Today, 08:17
Hi all,

I have a form where a few of the text boxes have conditional formatting based on the value. I've been using and updating this for a while now but from today, all con. formatting has disappeared. When I look at the con. formatting rules for a box (such as status as attached), the rules are still there, but nothing is showing up.

It's the same for the other boxes with rules too, everything appears without any formatting. I've tried searching for an answer but so far without luck, so hoping someone has an inkling what could be the problem. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
B.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-23 092922.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-23 092922.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot 2023-08-23 092839.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-23 092839.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 68

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:17
can you upload the form in question?
or try to delete the combo and recreate it with
new CF.

BarraColl

Local time
Hi arnelgp, thanks for your reply. I deleted the combo and recreated with new CF with an odd result -- the other boxes that were missing CF are now showing their CF as normal. So, for now, that seems to have fixed it, many thanks!

If you/anyone has any insight into what causes this so I can avoid it next time, or avoid having to delete/recreate when it happens, that would be great. Unless it's just a weird bug perhaps?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Could be a type of corruption on that control or form.
I have seen odd behaviours with combo's over the years, and normally its quicker to delete it, save the form, compact and repair, then recreate the control than try and fathom out why it happened.

BarraColl

Local time
I've used Access for a while but am new to much of this and even so, I've seen some unexpected quirks -- being newish, it's hard to tell if it's a quirk or I've done something wrong. Thanks for the advice both!

onur_can

Local time
Today, 00:17
In conditional formatting, especially if you have more than one rule, you should analyze them very well and sort them. So if you know a bit of visual basic, you should edit it just like you would use it in if...then...else...endif blocks. When comparing multiple conditions in an if block, you must follow the logical order, otherwise you will encounter undesirable results. Since this would be a logic error, you wouldn't even get an error. That's why you have to be careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom