Solved How to modify 'conditional format rule' via manual editor? (1 Viewer)

amorosik

Local time
Today, 09:15
I would like to add a rule in the conditional formatting of some textboxes present on a form, but when I select more than one the 'conditional format' item disappears The question is: using the manual editor (and therefore not via vba) how to change the conditional formatting of several textboxes at the same time?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:15
but when I select more than one the 'conditional format' item disappears
Means at least one of the controls you have selected is not able to use conditional formatting

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Do your 3 textboxes already have any format conditions?

If so, are they all identical?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
How are you selecting? Clicking on each one in turn? Or by using the mouse to surround the controls required?

Re the former, at which point does the conditional formatting button grey out? That will be the control that cannot be conditionally formatted

re the latter - check you are not selecting a label or similar - may be hidden by another control

amorosik

Local time
Do your 3 textboxes already have any format conditions?

If so, are they all identical?

None of the three already have any conditional formatting rules
They are identical except for the control name and the ControlSource field contents

amorosik

Local time
How are you selecting? Clicking on each one in turn? Or by using the mouse to surround the controls required?

Re the former, at which point does the conditional formatting button grey out? That will be the control that cannot be conditionally formatted

re the latter - check you are not selecting a label or similar - may be hidden by another control

Either by clicking on one and then ctrl-clicking on the others, or by dragging the cursor and selecting them all together
"..at which point does the conditional formatting button grey out?.." when i select more than one textbox
"..may be hidden by another control.." no, because clicking on one textbox and then ctrl-clicking on the others allows you to 'see' exactly the selected controls

amorosik

Local time
Means at least one of the controls you have selected is not able to use conditional formatting

No, because if I try to change the conditional formatting of each of the three textboxes, it works fine
I'm using Access 2013, 32bit version, are we sure it can be done?

Attachments

• format_conditional_nok_2023-07-29 16-33-28-170.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:

amorosik

Local time
Take a look here...

Ok, i was trying to enter conditional formatting using right mouse over selected textboxes
Instead you have to use the command on the top bar
Thank you very much

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:15
Ok, i was trying to enter conditional formatting using right mouse over selected textboxes
Instead you have to use the command on the top bar
Thank you very much
You're welcome. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom