Control a Scanner (1 Viewer)

ian_w

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:43
Can anybody point me in the directon of an ocx file that will allow me to control a scanner through access / vba?

I have seen a number of posts pointing at using Olympus TWAIN Wizard but i've googled and googled and can't find any active links :(

I've got a Canon LIDE 100 scanner at the minute, if I can get a ocx to simply control that that will do but I would prefer one that will work with any scanner if possible.

Just looking to write an app that will allow me to hit a button and scan to a preset path.

justinwright

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:43
I also would be interested in said ocx file (I've also looked everywhere and couldn't find the above-mentioned file). The rest of what I've found is shareware that wants to do everything for you and charge you an arm and a leg for it, when I (much like the OP I'd assume) just need the basics.

The only thing I've found related to it was this:
http://www.jumbo.com/file/2810.htm

And it says it's shareware.

Also this was kinda a ninja-subscribe so I could follow it >_>

Last edited:

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Here is a twain scanner I use in VB but should still work in Access. Give it a whirl.

Last edited:

justinwright

Registered User.
Local time
When I try to install it, it says "Not enough disk space on the destination drive for installation" when I have 202 gb free o_O

EDIT: Suspecting the file system size, I installed it to my flash drive.

I then copied the files over to the appropriate directory
C:\OLYMPUS
Copied the dll files in the C:\OLYMPUS\shared\ directory into
C:\windows\system\
And used regsvr32 to register mfc40.dll
The msvcrt40.dll wouldn't register

I also copied twiz32.ocx into system and registered it the same way

How do I call these in Access VBA?

Last edited:

justinwright

Registered User.
Local time
Okay that kinda worked, but now it's saying "You don't have the license required to use this ActiveX Control" :(

EDIT: I figure it has something to do with the .lic file, so I tried copying it into the system directory and re-registering it, but still no luck

Last edited:

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
I got the same error message on my machine. Removed attachment, sorry. You might try going to the Twain/Olympus website and downloading the corect one from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom