Converting Ms access to VB (1 Viewer)

Saico

Local time
Today, 22:24
Hi.. how can i convert all the data's through Visual Basic because i don't know how to do it..
especially the queries, forms and the tables..

here's the pictures of i made using the ms access that i want to convert..

gfdg.png

thanks.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:24
Basically you have to start the design again after a huge learning experience. Buliding a full VB application is far more involved than designing in Access.

You probably just want to be able to run your app on computers without Access installed. For this simply install the free Access Runtime which you can download from Microsoft.

Saico

Local time
Today, 22:24
So meaning i will begin again from the start? how about all data's how can i put them in VB? :/

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:24
The data is not stored in VB itself. There are many ways it can be stored. Access tables, Database server tables, even text files. However it is far, far more complex to interact with that data when building in a VB app than it is to use bound forms in Access.

It is simply not practical to explain everything you need to know to build an application in VB.NET

If you ultimately want to work in VB then getting some experience in Access using recordsets and SQL commands is a good place to begin without having to negotiate the full learning curve all at once.

Then download Visual Studio Express which is the free editor for VB.NET

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom