Cook Club (1 Viewer)

dt01pqt

Certified
Local time
Today, 11:27
I want to start a cook club. A cook club is a spin off of the book club phenomenon. It is not like cookery lessons or anything too serious like that. It is basically a group of people coming together and trying out recipes on each other. Everyone should get a fair go. So some of the time you will be cooking and the rest of the time you will be will be only eating (and washing up). It is for people who enjoy cooking and for those who just want to brush up their skills.

In therory...It seems I am having a bit of trouble getting one set up in the London area. It is still not very well known so that could be it. I have found a forum where you post to get one set one up. I think the main problem is I'm male. There are many post on there looking for female only groups. I understand why they are doing it but I still think it is a bit silly. I would always take security measures myself. Unless there are say 4-6 different people at the very least there can't very well be a club. But anybody can pretend to be anybody online including female the point is to take sensible measures for meeting up. I think another problem is the venue. Many people are not comfortable with strangers using their house and kitchen, and others just don't have a big enough kitchen to do it in (like me). I was thinking about asking schools and community centres, but I think they provide a bit of a sterile environment for this. Another idea is to ask gastro pubs and small restaurants. We could pay a fee per head plus offer them a deposit. All we would need is a table and the use of the kitchen for 2 hours at a non-peak time. We would buy drinks and wine.

Has anyone had any experience setting up a club? How do you think I should approach this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom