Copy and add new record by Dlook up (1 Viewer)

Axel.Larcy

Local time
Yesterday, 23:02
I am trying to create a DB for FMEA as a college project. In the attached DB form i am using cascading combo boxes to filter information.
I will briefly explain my requirement:
I have an"Oil seal" with ID 1 under a parent record "pump". I also have Failures and Causes that get populated via comboboxes for the ID 1 "oil seal".

Now I add the same"oil seal" as a new record with ID 10" under a new parent "Equipment X"
How do I get to populate the Failures and Causes of the old "oil seal" to the new "oil seal"?

I have cross posted this thread in another Access forums whose link I cannot provide unless I have 10 posts in my credit.

Attachments

• SampleDB.zip
    44.4 KB · Views: 37

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 14:02
first add date field so you know when was the last breakdown.
Bound your form to the fields.
Add equio id to tab master.
No need the extra table.

Attachments

• SampleDB4.zip
    31.2 KB · Views: 44

Axel.Larcy

Local time
Yesterday, 23:02
Thank you Arnel,
But I do not have the date field. Also, I cannot add an extra date field.
What I presented is just the sample data. In my original DB i have a form that has almost 25 fields like failure type, failure causes, failure effects, instructions, action plans etc. So date is not something I can add.

I just want the failure types and causes that were linked to an existing Part, to also link to the same existing Part but with a different ID.

By linking to the new Part ID, the Failures and Causes must also be added as new reccords.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom