Copy from Form to Form (1 Viewer)

ggj13557

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:19
Please help. I have a form (frmAddress) bound to a table (tblAddress) where customer address information (name, address, phone, etc...) is stored. I have another form (frmInvoice) bound to a table (tblOrders) where I enter new orders. The first part of the frmInvoice form is where the customer information is entered. The customer may be new or a return customer. If the customer is a return customer, I have a command button on the frmInvoice form that launches the frmAddress form. I'd like to be able to select the record of a return customer and then click another command button on the frmAddress form to automatically insert all the address information of a return customer into the frmInvoice form.

My question is... How do I begin to code the command button on the frmAddress form to insert the appropriate information into the frmInvoice form in the appropriate fields (name, address, phone, etc...)?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

~Greg

R

Rich

You don't need to duplicate data by storing the customer address in another table, use a query to return the addresses

ggj13557

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:19
Rich said:
You don't need to duplicate data by storing the customer address in another table, use a query to return the addresses

Rich,

Can a command button be coded to copy the customer name of a selected record to the customer name on the invoice form?

~Greg

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 14:19
Addresses

It may be correct for you to hold the address again against the invoice - if you want to know the address at the time the invoice was produced. (this could be where you sent the goods!!! - which would then appear wrongly if the company moved and you held the address only once)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom