Corruption Problem (1 Viewer)

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 06:07
I have generally used a single FE used by several Users to connect to a BE and experienced little of no problem. Both FE and BE residing on a network location.Concurrent users generally been 12 at most. Probably more around the 6-8. This has been with a normal network but where I am working now they use thin clients (WYSE) connecting to Citrix.

As previously I always select record lock as Edited record on every form that has edit capability. I am very careful about this and it seems to have worked very well for me in the past.

However I now find that I am getting frequent corruption of the FE on an application that I am launching on this thin client/citrix network.

It is only the FE that corrupts and always repairs without a problem but I do not understand why it is happening.

I have begun creating separate FE for specific groups of users to try to establish who is creating the corruption.

I have a thought that maybe the Citrix server accepts clients on a sort of anonymous basis. The ldb file certainly does not display data the way I have previously seen it displayed. previously it showed a each connected PC with PCID and say Admin as the user rights. The ldb I am getting with Citrix seems to be 3 chars followed by !!!!!!!!!!! and then without any spaces another 3 chars. These leading chars seem to be special characters. Not got example to hand but can post an example if it helps.

I have a suspicion that the recording locking detail generally held I believe via the ldb is being compromised by these strange ldb entries.

A thought. If I create a User interface for every user will this help as the record lock on the BE will be assigned via the ldb to a specific interface that has only one user.

All comments, thoughts and ideas as to why this corruption is happening welcome

Regards

Len

Last edited:

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:07
I'm shaky on Citrix thing, but I do believe you still need to make sure each user has their own FE; that is, nobody should be sharing FEs. When two or more users open the same FE, corruption is inevitable, regardless of how it is used.

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 06:07
Thanks For the comments

I have created an individual FE for each user and will see how that goes.

Previously I have not had a problem with multiple users using a single FE but I take your point that individual FE's will assist and help me tracking down at least who/where the problem is being created

Len

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom