Create Multiple PDF Files from 1 Report (1 Viewer)

racer25

Slowly Getting There
Local time
Today, 14:01
Hi Guys

I have a problem that I believe Access and macro's is probably the best method of resolving.

At present I use Crystal Reports to generate a 100 page PDF report which I then manually split into individual files, 3 hours later :eek: I am done. I do this once a month which is is quite unproductive.

My Access skills are limited, however I am familiar with macros through Excel and the coding of.

My plan would be;

1. Create the same report as an Access Report, still 100 pages long,
2. Create a macro that creates a new PDF file for each page.

These PDF files are all remittance advices for our supplies and the naming convention of each PDF should pull in this field along the lines of "Remittance - John Smith Ltd.", I would be quite happy if asked to fill in the file name as I went.

If anyone can help it would be really appreciated.

Thanks

gg

Registered User.
Local time
Possible help

Coincidence extordinaire-I was going to post the same question.

For on e solution, look at my post, may 26, on http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroup...ding&mid=2e0ff947-cc23-4420-b2b4-54c23b5c5418

My simple code used the Sendkeys command to print in order to bypass the adobe dialog box. Too date, it works great on 4 computers, with xp, w98, and w2000, but doesn't work on another one with XP and latest Access. As you wil see if you look at the posting, I got no good answers for my problem from Microsoft's minions. The code is simple, and may work on your computer as it does on 4 out of 5 that I have tried.

Are you a sailboat racer by chance?

racer25

Slowly Getting There
Local time
racer25 is an old college name, nothing to do with racing really :eek:

I am stuck on both parts one I use XP and 2 I am using Access 2003.

As for the problem in hand I would be happy with an export to word, just as long as I end up with 100 documents with the right file name and, I am even toying with the idea of mail merge....

I'll continue the hunt and hope for additional idea's.

I also have a colleague who my go down the road of using the Lotus Notes LEI function to use access to create a seperate Notes DB.

Thanks anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom