Creating a course roster form (1 Viewer)

fletchee2003

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:18
Hello,
I have created two tables, a student table with all of their personnel information with the student ID as the PK and a course table with the following fields:
Student ID
Course Title
Course Date
Score
CEU
PDU
Notes
Type (professional development or technical)

I have created a student form with a subform for the courses. The student ID connects the records together. What I need to do is create a form that the user can input a the name of the course and then list the student ID's to show who took the course; instead of searching for each individual and then adding the record. Some courses are quite large and it currently takes a long time to enter the data.

I tried created a form like the one below:
Course Name: Test1
Course Date: xx/xx/xxxxx
Type: PD

Student ID: Score: CEU: PDU: Notes:
001 85 2 Pass
101 91 2 Pass

I need to add a record for st id 001 with the needed information and the same for st id 101. The problem I run into is everytime I add a st id it automatically fills in the other student ID's and when I try to type in the second (diferent) student ID 101 it automatically changes all the other student ID's. Is it possible to create a form that would allow me add the information like that listed above?

I've tried searching the forums and have found nothing, maybe I'm not use the correct terms. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

tarcona

Registered User.
Local time
Send an example of your database, maybe I could get you on the right path.

fletchee2003

Registered User.
Local time
Here is the simplified db; I hope this will make sense.

Attachments

• db1.zip
    29.6 KB · Views: 112

fletchee2003

Registered User.
Local time
Out of office

Hi everyone, I've been out of the office lately. I've tried some different approaches but I keep getting the same results. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom