Creating invoices and keeping information stored in table (1 Viewer)

dualvba

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:35
Hi

I need to create buyer and seller invoices within my access 2003 databases, my sister in law runs an antiques auction house and I'm trying to help them with a database to capture all their information.

I've created a 2 queries (a buyer invoice and seller invoice), show all unsettled items with the relevant item information and fee's.

However, I would like it to automatically allocate an invoice number, and store the information back to a table (seller and buyer ID, total number of items on the invoice, total fee etc)

I'd like store the invoices as well, so within the customer record form, I can include a box showing a list of the buyer invoices on one side and seller invoices in another (not all customers are buyers and sellers).

Once I've issued an invoice, can I automate it to show that item as then as invoiced?

Can the invoices be editable at all?

When they come in and settle their account, I also need to feed this information back in as well.

Can i arrange an invoice for seller's particularly, to show all sold items, and the fee's associated with them

Returned items as well as any associated fee's with them?

I hope this makes sense?

thanks so much
Clair

ps I have been looking at the Northwind example.

I see how they have an orders details table and orders table, I could replicate this.

I could have an Buyers Invoice table and Buyers Invoice Details table, but how do I generate an invoice, pull the next Invoice number from my (currently blank) invoice table, and pull in the outstanding items for that buyer for that specific auction date (I have a query), and then populate back information from the invoice?

I like the fact that their order form is editable, do any changes go back to the query, that then populate the invoice when you click print invoice?

I need to be able to (at the end of the auction) pull all items from my item log, for that buyer, and print them an invoice, automatically saving all the invoice details back into my database.

I need be able to automatically flag the items in my items table, as invoiced and pull the invoice number in?

Any help anyone can offer, would be greately appreciated, I've been into the VBA and although I'm a novice, I can see it makes sense.

I can see how all the Northwind tables, queries, and forms relate to each other and subforms, but I'm not sure how to actually create an invoice, get invoice number, merge with my query, and then feedback in.

I hope this waffling makes sense?

Thanks
Clair any help will be very very welcome.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:35
Your sister in law's antiques business is like a sales and return scenario. If the goods are sold then invoice whilst unnsold goods maybe returned.

In your stock yo should have as supplier associated with each item, if the business bought the item then it would the business Client code otherwise the Supplier.

Basically, your will need an Invoice File and Invoice Details with a StockID, Lot Field and Commission Field VAT (I don't know if Margin Tax applies) Hammer Price.

The Sellers value would be Hammer Price less Commission.

Simon

dualvba

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:35
Thank you Simon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom