Data Access Pages - Not displaying calculated data (1 Viewer)

Jason

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:09
Hi there All

I am trying to display the results of a query on a DAP. The page seems to display all fields that are taken directly off the table with no problem, (things like Categories, etc, however whenever there is a calculated field, (IE InField: [AllOut]-[AllIn]) then it seems to replace the value with 0. I cant seem to be able to represent calculated values at all. Has anybody come across this before and how do I sort it out, if possible.

Thanks

Jay

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:09
Calcularte the field on the OnCurrent event, that is, every time you get a new record.

Jason

Registered User.
Local time
llkhoutx

Thanks for the input, I could do this if I was scrolling through the records one by one on the Data Access Page. However I am trying to represent the information in a table type layout, (more like a continuous form) for viewing and copying purposes, (I want users to be able to access the info off my web server, and then copy and paste into other apps) and thus show all records at once. I have not used Data Access Pages that often and am not too sure how I would scroll through a recordset, calculate and display as you would on a regular form.

The thing that is so strange is that the data is represented perfectly in the query but then does not come through in the DAP, (at least not the calculated numerical values)

Any other ideas?

Jason

Registered User.
Local time
I have worked the problem back through the queries and have found that the Data Access Page will not display calculated information when the query, (or one that the current query is based on) has used a LIKE criteria expression, (something like "LIKE "*JOHN*"") to filter the data. I dont know why this is but that seems to be the case, I have tested it in a couple of scenareos.

Has anybody come across this problem before at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom