Data Entry to Table (1 Viewer)

saip15

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:50
I'm new to Access and I have tried searching but I don't even know what I'm looking for. Can some please point me in the right direction of a tutorial for data entry. How do you get data from a form into a table? One more question, if I wanted a person to enter data in the form how would I send them the form for them to fill out? They won't open the actual database right? Thanks so much!

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:50
To enter data you make a form whose Record Source property is the table and set up bound text boxes. The Form Wizard does most of this. You need the form Data Entry property set to Yes. This makes it accept new records.

The person entering the data opens the form in a "FrontEnd" Access database which has a "Linked table" connected to the main database. They can run the FE in the Access Runtime application if they don't have Access on their computer but they will need a network connection to this "BackEnd" database.

saip15

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:50
Thanks, does anyone know of any walk-throughs? I need to make a blank table first right? I'll keep searching.

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Yesterday, 22:50
saip15,

The simple answer to your question is, "Yes, you need to create a blank table first." Actually you would be creating an empty table.

Terminology.. Always a learning curve.

Depending on how complex your database will need to be, you may actually need to create more that one empty table. You are curently at the most important stage of the development of any database, designing the actual data structure. Think in terms of just what data you need to store. Thne think about just how you need to store that data.

Do a little searching here and using Google or Yahoo, etc. and try to learn as much as you can about how to design and create your actual data stroage table structure.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom