Database engine stopped... DESPERATE!!!

karatelung

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:32
I can't open my database. I get the error message:

The Microsoft Jet Database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.

The compact and repair utility doesn't work. Jetcomp.exe doesn't work. I have checked for an .ldb file that wasn't deleted. This database is not shared. It was created in Access 2000.

I'm trying to help my friend out who books tours for bands and has all his info in this database. His system crashed, and now this DB won't open at all. He has no backup.

I did a search in these forums and read all the posts concerning this issue. I read all the MS KB articles I could about Jetcomp.exe and repairing damaged Access 2000 DB's.

Has anyone been able to fix this when Jetcomp.exe won't even work? Is there a solution that doesn't cost a fortune?

Please help!!!

TIA

Ouchies.

Desparate Solution 101 : did you try creating a blank database and importing all the objects from the corrupted database to see if that works?

HTH

thanks, but that was one of the first things I tried - didn't work.

Did you try MMI?

http://www.mmitech.com/support/utilities.htm

It helped me out in big troubles...

:) It does not hurt to back up the database once in a while either... Make sure you do before try the repair. And if MMI seems to be "locked up" please wait. Sometimes it takes an awful long time for it to finish its work.

I hope this helps.

the mmi database repair utility didn't work because i think it tries to open the file before it attempts to repair it.

thanks for your help.

we found a company that successfully extracted the data for $148.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom