Database for Band Management (1 Viewer)

Raiderduck

Local time
Today, 19:56
Hey guys. Lots of general questions here - mods please move/delete if not allowed.

My background - consider myself to be able to use excel at an advanced level and have used it for things such as sports modelling and prediction, record keeping, band admin (until now) and a few other things. Only recently have become a bit frustrated on the band side of things and that coincides with pushing myself to learn MS access. I've watched a few youtube tutorials and courses etc and understand most of the basic (at least) concepts.
I'll describe below what I do, and what I want to be able to do in access (if its possible!).
I'm in, and manage a band. Its my full time job, I do all the consulting with clients and venues, and manage all the musicians. We play weddings, functions, public gigs etc all around my hometown and beyond. When I say "Band", we are not the same 4 guys that rock up to each gig. Its more a collective of 12-16 or so "regulars" who all play different instruments etc. So, when I chat to a bride who wants a Sax player, I say no problem and I pencil in one of our sax players to join the lineup. Having this arrangement is flexible, it allows us to play more than once on the same night - in the busy season we could be doing 3-4 weddings on the same night - all different lineups but playing under the same name. As you can imagine, negotiating with clients, lining up the correct musicians can be a headache in the busy season. I've used excel up until now, but want to make an interactive database in Access. So, here are my thoughts on what I want to do.
Have a table with every detail for each gig (Say a wedding because that's what we mostly play) on there. So the columns in the table will be something like ...
Date Event (wedding/function/public gig etc) Client/brides name Location Venue Total Fee to band Package ordered by bride (size of band) Musician 1 name Musician 1 Fee $ Musician 2 name Musician 2 Fee $ Musician 3 name Musician 3 Fee $ (and so on depending on the package ordered) Remainder Fee $ (money left over after paying musicians) Ceremony details - all requested songs, timings etc All reception details - songs, timings, do any guests want to sing etc Number of guests Dresscode Booking status Payment status
So - thats the main table more or less. For each new gig that comes in, I'd make a new entry.
I would like 2 forms for this. 1 - to be filled out by me, which contains the "admin" fields - All musicians and their seperate fees (singer/guitarist might get paid more than sax player for example), total fee charged client, booking status, payment status etc.
2 - To be filled out by client. This is where they enter what song they want for bridal dance, what they want the band to wear, how many members they want in the band etc.
I would like the clients form to be interactive and them be able to change all their preferences etc, and it show up in my table.
Questions so far - I obviously need to make it web based, and look pretty for the clients. How do I do this? Do I need to give each client a login? Or would I just send an individual link? Very hazy on this side of things.
From here, I also want to give each musician a page/login so they can see certain details. Lets say I've got 10 bookings coming up, and I've got my second guitarist, lets call him Paul, playing 6 out of those 10 gigs. I want paul to be able to open up a page, and only see details that he needs to. So, 6 gigs will appear in his gig list, and for each of those gigs he can see what he needs to wear, where it is, what songs he needs to play, who he is playing with, how much he is getting paid etc. What he doesnt need to see is the gigs i've NOT assigned him to, how much the other musicians are getting paid, and you get the idea.
I'd like to have an individual page for each of my musicians where they can see the details they need to see, and an individual page/form for each of my clients for them to input their own details.
And that's pretty much it. If anyone's got any advice, thoughts or could help out with this it would be awesome, I've got a basic table/forms set up but definitely need assistance from here, especially in creating the web side of it.
Other things I'd like to incorporate in the future... - Once a new gig comes in, I can pencil in my "ideal" lineup, and those selected musicians would get an email/tet alert where its got the basic details and they can either accept or decline the gig. - After a gig is completed, have an auto-invoice sent to me from each musician for the agreed amount.
Thanks in advance!

Raiderduck

Local time
Today, 19:56
Yep - sorry for x-post, should have mentioned. Wasnt sure the best place to post the question. Thanks for the replies so far :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom