Database on HostGator (1 Viewer)

irade92

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:51
Hi
I created a database in HostGator, in PhpMyAdmin, and conneted through ODBC with my Access frontend app. My question is how big can this database be in size of MB, becouse I intend 8 pharmacies to be connected on it. For your info, one Pharmacies working for two years, backend database was about 700MB. Wil all this 8 pharmacies work without any interuptions?

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 03:51
Check the host's specifications for their services and products. If HostGator didn't disclose that to you when you signed up, they should definitely be willing do so after the fact.

Edgar_

Local time
Today, 05:51
1702236840527.png

You should also verify the maximum allowed connections. Additionally, it's important to note that the database is likely shared among multiple websites. In this context, your phpMyAdmin instance functions as another user within the database manager installed on the server hosting your database.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
View attachment 111375

You should also verify the maximum allowed connections. Additionally, it's important to note that the database is likely shared among multiple websites. In this context, your phpMyAdmin instance functions as another user within the database manager installed on the server hosting your database.
Ah, you took all the fun out of doing the research for themself. Well, maybe not all. There's still the connection limit to check.

Edgar_

Local time
Today, 05:51
Maybe OP also found the same content I posted, but was not sure. Either way, the best thing OP can do is ask their customer service to have someone to blame if something happens.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Maybe OP also found the same content I posted, but was not sure. Either way, the best thing OP can do is ask their customer service to have someone to blame if something happens.
I would have expected a reference to the documentation in the OP if that were the case, but it's really not the central point. I'm happy for people to do the research when newbies are not sure how to go about it for themselves. I usually like to see them make some first attempt, though. Call me old-fashioned, but I think we learn more and better by "Trying it out and seeing what happens".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom