Date between filter problem (1 Viewer)

Ipem

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:47
Hello all,

I have a date field on one of my continous forms. When I try to apply a date between filter, it gives me an error message saying: "Enter a valid date" I choose the boundary dates from that little calendar. The date after and date before filters are working without problem. The date selection filter is working alike. Only the date between filter complains.

Anyone had this before? What should I do?

It had worked before. I continously develope that form, so I can't tell, what have caused this.

Thanks,

Mr Smin

Sometimes Excel too.
Local time
Today, 16:47
Do you mean you are restricting dates the user is allowed to enter, or filtering to show only records where date is between a and b ?

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 17:47
See if the column you are trying to filter contains Null/Empty values. That might deter the search..

Ipem

Registered User.
Local time
No. My useres would simply like to use the built-in filter tool from the ribbon.

Ipem

Registered User.
Local time
No, there are no empties nor nulls only dates.

An idea: I had problems with date formats in VBA before, since VBA criteria raquire american date formats, so I had to manually format my date constans before use use in criterias. But this should not be a problem now, since I use pure user interface in this case. Moreover all the other date filter options are working, except "between"

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
I am unable to recreate your problem. :(

Could you upload a Stripped DB?

How to Upload a Stripped DB.

To create a Sample DB (to be uploaded for other users to examine); please follow the steps..

1. Create a backup of the file, before you proceed..
2. Delete all Forms/Queries/Reports that are not in Question (except the ones that are inter-related)
3. Delete auxiliary tables (that are hanging loose with no relationships).
4. If your table has 100,000 records, delete 99,990 records.
5. Replace the sensitive information like Telephone numbers/email with simple UPDATE queries.
6. Perform a 'Compact & Repair' it would have brought the Size down to measly KBs..
7. (If your Post count is less than 10 ZIP the file and) Upload it..

Finally, please include instructions of which Form/Query/Code we need to look at. The preferred Access version would be A2003-A2007 (.mdb files)

Ipem

Registered User.
Local time
Hello,
I have finally got fed up enough with this problem, so I have made a stripped DB. It contains a single table, still the problem remains. Please direct me towards the solution!

Attachments

• stripped.accdb
    360 KB · Views: 114

Mr Smin

Sometimes Excel too.
Local time
Today, 16:47
Works correctly for me in Access 2007. I manually entered dates into the 'between' filter dialogue box in the format dd-mm-yyyy.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
You are not making much sense here. You had trouble in Form, but there is no Form in the sample. If you have trouble with something it is better to give that, rather than something that is not related to the problem at all.

mmtahir

Local time
Today, 20:47
Though the issue is quite old, but I am facing the same issue (Win 7 - MS Access 2010) (Sample db attached)

The builtin date filter does work properly (probably due to the format of date in table is different from that of in the dialog box)

I haven't found any way yet to cope with this situation :banghead:and would appreciate if anyone could come up with some useful idea.Thanks

Attachments

• date_error.accdb
    536 KB · Views: 106

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom