Date range criteria... (1 Viewer)

fletchee2003

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:18
I am wanting to use a query to find dates within a range, like a quarter. Within the criteria I put "[Enter Date:]". I ran the query and tried the "Between..And.." operator and even "<=9/1/05 and >=12/31/05". All I get is an error message saying incorrect syntax or structure. Any questions on how I could set this up so I could perform this search, that would be great.

Thanks. :confused:

Bat17

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:18
you should jst need
Between [Start Date] And [End Date]
in the criteria of your date field. It will then pop up and as for start date and end date when you run the query.

Peter

fletchee2003

Registered User.
Local time
Still same error...

Whenever I do that (Between 8/1/05 And 12/31/05), I still receive the same message. Here is what the error says:

"This expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complex to be evaluated. For example, a numeric expression may contain too many complicated elements. Try simplifying the expression by asssigning parts of the expression to variables."

Thanks for the help.

fletchee2003

Registered User.
Local time
This works, but not what I need

If I remove the [Enter Date:] and replace with "between 8/1/2005 and 12/31/2005" then the query will work. The problem is, when I link this to report, I want the user to be prompted to "Enter Date:" without having to change the design of the query. Is this possible?

Thanks.

fletchee2003

Registered User.
Local time
Overlooked the answer

Thanks Bat17, I must've overlooked the brackets around the start and end from your post. I tried it like you suggested and it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom