DATE RANGE ON REPORTS (1 Viewer)

MARYADVANCE

Local time
Today, 08:52
I HAVE CREATED A REPORT FROM A QUERY WHERE I TYPE IN A DATE RANGE ON A SPECIFIC FIELD. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO PUT THIS RANGE ON THE TOP OF THE REPORT SO I KNOW WHAT RANGE I HAVE WITHOUT LOOKING AT ALL OF THE DATA IN THE REPORT
THANKS IN ADVANCE
MARY

Elana

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:52
This comes straight from the Access help topics (I asked for "print criteria in report header"):

Print the criteria for a report in the report header

1. Create the criteria parameters in the report's underlying query.
2. Open the report in Design view.
3. Create an unbound text box for each parameter you want to display. Click the Text Box tool in the toolbox, and then click in the report header.
4 To display the property sheet, make sure the text box is selected, and then click Properties on the toolbar.

5 Set the ControlSource property to the parameter(s) you specified in the Criteria cell in the query.

For example, if the parameters in the query are:

Between [Type a beginning date] And [Type an ending date]

and you want to display them in two text boxes, set the ControlSource property of one text box to:

[Type a beginning date]

and the ControlSource property of the other text box to:

[Type an ending date]

If you want to display the parameters in one text box, you can use an expression in the ControlSource property box; for example:

="Between " & [Type a beginning date] & " and " & [Type an ending date]

Microsoft Access displays the parameter values exactly as you typed them in the prompt.

5 To see the criteria, print or preview the report.

Note The Employee Sales by Country report in the Northwind sample database prints the criteria in the report header. To view this report, open the Northwind database in the Samples subfolder of your Office folder. In the Database window, click the Reports tab, click Employee Sales By Country, and then click Design. For information on opening Northwind, click .

[This message has been edited by Elana (edited 04-21-2000).]

tracey75

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:52
Use this code I have it on my Report page and it works fine.
="Date Purchases Made Between"&[Forms]![frmReportPage]![txtStart]&"and"&[Forms]![frmReportPage]![txtEnd]

Change the names of the forms and your report for yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom