DateAdd excluding weekends and holidays in a form (1 Viewer)

gracegrenier

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:51
I have been reading through similar problems and can't figure out how to make any of the solutions work for me.

I have a form (Production Form) with the following fields:
[DateReceived] (the date the job request is received)
[DutyType] (Combo box that includes two columns, in the first column you choose the type of job (duty), the other column is the goal (# of days) that autofills into the field "Goal" when the dutytype is selected)
[Goal] (the acceptable amount of days to complete the job)
[GoalDate] (for the job to be completed within goal, it must be completed by this date)

In the properties of [Goal Date], data tab, Control Source, I have "=DateAdd("w",[Goal],[DateReceived])"

The result is that when the duty type is selected from the combo box, the "goal date" is automatically updated, but doesn't exclude holidays (which I could live with) but also doesn't exclude weekend. I thought using the "w" instead of "d" would, at least, give me just weekdays. I have read some of the instructions about how to put lengthy code in a module, and I have tried, but I don't exactly know how to do it. I couldn't even name the module once I copied in the code. I guess I need step by step instructions on how to create the module, name it and call it from my form.

Thanks,
gg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom